“Great Spot to Satisfy Indian Food Cravings ”

Shalimar Restaurant of Delmarva
Ranked #88 of 211 Restaurants in Salisbury
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

A new owner took over a little over a month ago..
We enjoyed a mango Lassi
Fresh hot Naan
Chicken, spinach and tofu
Lamb birandi
Big bowl of basmati rice

Nicely pointed with fresh ginger slices and fresh herbs

Will definitely go back

Reviewed 29 April 2016 via mobile

Recently good food but drowning in oil, oil & more oil even when requesting less oil. See pics. Some days items not available when you try and order and other times the same item ordered for years is now cooked differently. Hard to feed to kids because they use chili peppers even when asking for mild. Ordered recently veg pakkora gave to toddler before realising it had chili peppers in with the onion, even to hot for me. Not consistent, staff very friendly and it has great potential.

Reviewed 14 March 2016 via mobile

We were on the hunt for Indian food and found this wonderful little place in a set of shops by the road. Salisbury Maryland in the middle of DELMARVA is not where you expect to find good Indian food but we did. This is not a fancy place. They do great being authentic and bringing in Indian and Pakistani culture. From the music to shadow boxes of authentic clothes. But most important is how good the food was we had Samosa Chaat as an appetizer with Chicken Curry and Lamb Vindaloo spicy as our main dishes. The dishes we nicely spiced without overwhelming the taste. The Lamb Vindaloo was a nice sweet and spicy dish. The use of ginger shreds were both aesthetic as well as a nice taste variant. If you are ever in this town at the crossroads to DELMARVA it is worth a little extra distance off route 13 on your way to the shore to enjoy this place. It is less that 2 mile off in the opposite direction as the mall.

1  Thank Sailcal22
Reviewed 2 December 2015

Service and food very good--I asked for as mild as possible, expecting food to be possibly bland but still edible or possibly still too spicy (peppery hot) and barely able to eat it. What I got was Alu Gobhi better than I've ever tasted! The vegetables were perfectly complemented (not smothered) by a delicious blend of spices (not peppery!). The Masala Tea was also exceptional!
The only reason I didn't give the food 5 stars here was the naan--I prefer whole grain naan, or some that is thicker with more body to it. This was minor in the great scheme of the meal. I took the leftover Alu Gobhi with me, and it was almost every bit as delicious the next day when I ate it cold. Flavorful food that's great both hot and cold? That's a claim not many can make.

2  Thank VACanary
Reviewed 1 November 2015

This place is small ("hole in the wall"). Excellent service and food. The menu has several curries from each meat/veg group, appetizers, biryani, naan/breads, and lassis/tea. We left no food on our plates and left as happy customers :)

2  Thank Cindy M