“Service Failure”

Best Western Salisbury Plaza
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Salisbury
Reviewed 6 September 2017

I have stayed here before. Very basic hotel, but great for a 1 night pit stop. This stay I came to check-in, it was around 2:30PM - I walked into the lobby and there was no one around. The back office door was open, but no one was in sight. I waited about 5 minutes before calling the hotel to try and find some assistance. No answer, I called 3 times. After a total of about 10 minutes with phone ringing off the hook and no movement, a blonde haired woman came from the back door in the fitness room with another woman. She looked at me and said nothing. She then came in the back office to the front desk, still no acknowledgement that I was there or had been waiting a while. She FINALLY asked if I was checking in - I had said I was starting to worry that no one was here, her reply was "well, check-in is not until 3" I mentioned I called with no answer, she said she "was outside checking on housekeepers." I understand maybe you are short staffed and need to wear multiple hats, but maybe take a portable phone with you, so you can answer calls, or at the least, leave a sign on the desk stating you will be back shortly. Either way, she was not happy that I was trying to check in 20 minutes before 3PM.

I highly doubt the hotel was full or anywhere near full on a random Sunday, but she put me next to a room (I am sure they are living there, or at least long term guests) where a creepy, very unsettling man, was just sitting outside his room, watching me unload my car and asking what was in my car and actually walking up and looking in my vehicle! Really unnerving! Regardless, I put things in the room and left to go get some dinner. Upon my return there were several men outside my room from different rooms within the same area and that was it. They were staring and making me very uncomfortable.

I went inside to the front desk to inquire about moving somewhere else, because there were creepy men outside my room. She was aware and didn't ask any other question and moved my room farther away on the 2nd floor. The room was basic and did the job, which is all I expected. The service and the way the front desk associate treated me was unacceptable and I will not be coming back. A basic Best Western (not Plus or Premier) is just that, basic. The service is what is needed to keep bringing people back. I am very disappointed with my overall experience.

Room Tip: Long Term guests hang out outside of their rooms on 1st floor and stare - get a high floor - or DON...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Amit P, General Manager at Best Western Salisbury Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

We apologize for the unfortunate experience you encountered during your stay.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Booked a room on line at BW Salisbury. Let me start by saying this was my worst hotel visit yet and I day visit because I went in the room and left. There were people loitering drinking outside the rooms and there was a half dressed man just hanging out. But I still I gave the room a chance and went in. I walked into a smelly odor , a peice of trash on the floor and the garbage was not emptied! I immediately returned to the front desk and told the manager on duty about the room not being clean. She was very nice and said I can offer you a room on the other side of the building where "the girl on that side is a better cleaner than the side you are now on"! REALLY?! The whole place doesn't get cleaned the same?! And you have an employee that works poorly and you know it and nothing is done to correct it ?! NO THANK YOU, I LEFT. NO MORE BEST WESTERN FOR ME! Building was already dated but didn't have to be dirty!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Amit P, General Manager at Best Western Salisbury Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

We do apologize for you not being happy with your stay. We are working on getting our rooms remodeled. Maybe you will come visit us again.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

The hotel was ok. We stayed two nights. It was clean except for the sheets, they had dirt spots on them. The staff were apologetic and had the sheets changed. Did not get to use the pool because the weather was cold, wish it was an indoor pool. Did not incur any other problems but I think I will stay at the Best Western on Route 50, it is a better hotel although it was booked when I made reservations.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

I know I will have a good stay when I come here. I am surprised by some of the comments on here because my stay is excellent each time i come here. The staff have been the same for years and they know their stuff. They can help me out with all my needs there. The room is always great, the breakfast is excellent, well maintained property.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed 1 September 2017

We stayed here for a softball tournament back in July. It was horrible! There were guys
staying at the hotel that were working across from the hotel and they were yelling crud things at our 14 year old girls. They started work at 6am! Went down to get hot water for tea at 6:30am and it was empty. The front desk told us to go to the gym area to try and get hot water from there and that was empty to so we had to go to Dunkin Donuts down the road for breakfast! Ice machine was always empty too. Over the weekend there was alot of shady activity with naked men banging on doors and the worst part about it is that Best Western corporate doesn't even care!! We reached out to them and they did nothing at all! It was a bother to them that we called them!

Room Tip: Nothing at all!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank grays1299
Amit P, General Manager at Best Western Salisbury Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2017

We apologize for the unfortunate experience you encountered during your stay.