“A family kitchen ”
Review of Amalfi Ristorante

Amalfi Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Amalfi Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 461 Restaurants in Rockville
Price range: USD 15 - USD 30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Parklawn Drive
Description: "Italy, it's closer than you think." Founded by Moe Sr. in 1977 Amalfi is a True Family Owned & Operated Restaurant. We are a very hands on family that take pride in doing all the work ourselves and strive to have the very best restaurant in town. Moe Jr. is the head chef, Johnny is the General Manager, Teresa hosts and overlooks the operation. Moe Sr. and Teresa started Amalfi in February 1977 when Moe Jr. was only two years old and Johnny hadn't even been born yet. Now over 40 years later the two sons are in control and have taken Amalfi to the next level. We have now upgraded all of our meats to all natural products from local farms. From free range chicken to milk fed veal, even our sausage is all natural. Almost all of our pasta is handmade on premises and we've gotten rid of practically all dishes made in batches so now our meals are made to order to ensure optimal freshness and quality. Come in and see why they say, "Once you visit Amalfi, you may never leave!"
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

My friend and I visited Amalfis after work one day and were pleasantly surprised. We called ahead for a reservation at 5:00 when they opened for dinner and arrived promptly at 5. Upon arrival we were immediately greeted warmly by our waiter , who told us that his brother cooked the food, his mother managed the office, and his father had opened the restaurant 40 years ago. He told us that all of the food and meats were organic and locally grown and that everything was made to order. We were brought fresh bread with butter and some other alternatives of bread which were very good. I sampled a great red wine which I had with my dinner and my friend and I ordered platters of made to order shrimp Parmesan and EggplantParmesan.
The sauces were not overly heavy or spicy and it was like we were in someone's house and they had prepared us something to eat. Our water glasses never became empty and we were well attended to Personally, I was particularly impressed there wasn't alot of salt added to the food and everything was really delicious.
The next time I will ask for my side of vegetables dry without butter , but overall it was a wonderful experience. We will be back!!

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

We took our 102 year old Italian uncle when we visited from out of town and it was a real winner with exceptional service. Uncle had Eggplant Parmesan, wife had Lasagna, and I had Pasta with Sausage and Red Pepper. All very good.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

We have been there several times recently and have always enjoyed it. The all cheese pizza is delicious and the larger size is perfect for 2 people. The meatballs are also very good. Parking has always been easy.

1  Thank photobug429
Reviewed 25 May 2017

I had the honor of selecting a pre-concert dinner venue for a group of ten concertgoers members of our school Alumni organization. I remeber taking my mom to this restaurant when she was still with us, many times and enjoying the meals thoroughly. The cooking reminded us all of the best Italian eateries in NYC where we all hail from. The homemade breads ad salads are very special- I opted for a walnut date arugula salad which was really special. Our group ordered entrees ranging from Eggplant Parm, to Beef Bolognese, to Gnocchi, to Veal and Chicken Parm. All were done extremely well and our food came out to all of us at the same time. Their service was first rate and the owner personally saw to our accommodations, since we had a member who uses a scooter. Go to Amalfi and Mange!!

Reviewed 6 April 2017

Amalfi is a family owned and run, authentic Italian restaurant. Premium quality meats and family recipe's are the norm here. Stop in and ask to be seated in John's section. He will not let you down.