“Happy Little Accident ”
Review of Amalfi Ristorante

Amalfi Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Amalfi Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 428 Restaurants in Rockville
Price range: USD 15 - USD 30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Parklawn Drive
Description: "Italy, it's closer than you think." Founded by Moe Sr. in 1977 Amalfi is a True Family Owned & Operated Restaurant. We are a very hands on family that take pride in doing all the work ourselves and strive to have the very best restaurant in town. Moe Jr. is the head chef, Johnny is the General Manager, Teresa hosts and overlooks the operation. Moe Sr. and Teresa started Amalfi in February 1977 when Moe Jr. was only two years old and Johnny hadn't even been born yet. Now over 40 years later the two sons are in control and have taken Amalfi to the next level. We have now upgraded all of our meats to all natural products from local farms. From free range chicken to milk fed veal, even our sausage is all natural. Almost all of our pasta is handmade on premises and we've gotten rid of practically all dishes made in batches so now our meals are made to order to ensure optimal freshness and quality. Come in and see why they say, "Once you visit Amalfi, you may never leave!"
Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

We happened upon this hidden gem while making our way to Tennessee from New Jersey. We were a little under dressed but it didn't matter. Our server, Sheila, was outstanding. The food was great! I was even able to get gluten free pasta. It put me in mind of The Ravioli House in Wildwood. Thank you so much a delightful dinner!

Reviewed 26 July 2016

I think that I first came to Amalfi when it was brand new over 40 years ago. It has not changed as far as quality and fun. There is enough variety that everyone will find something they like. From fresh healthy dishes to the fried stuff that some people like, it does well. The best of the best is that they have home made fresh pasta and they know ho to prepare it so it is not over cooked. The best choices are the pastas. If you are OK with fried foods, the menu is all yours. You won;t go wrong to dine here.

Reviewed 25 July 2016

Up until now, I loved this restaurant.

One of the sons is gregarious when taking reservations.

Inexplicably, when a huge (larger than a silver dollar including legs) spider crawls onto your table, HE DID NOT DO ANYTHING BUT LAUGH IT OFF.

Of course I could not finish my dinner - I could not even open my replacement napkin, and nobody seemed to care about my fork with linguine in the middle of the table (shocker!) until I abruptly asked for the check.

I have eaten here at least ten times in the past two years. I thoroughly enjoyed the fresh fish and other meals every time.

This restaurant has never been close to the finest Italian restaurant in Rockville (Il Pizzico) but they were always a solid second.

Never again.

Amalfi_Bros, Owner at Amalfi Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2016

I'd like to thank you for your continued business and I'd like to apologize for your previous visit. I'm sorry you thought I just laughed it off but what was I supposed to do? We took care of the spider almost instantaneously and yes I laughed because that is my personality. The spider was gone and the situation was handled so I'm sorry if I don't understand what was left to do. We did not invite the spider in, that is just nature and out of our control. We acted as fast as we could. You say you've always enjoyed everything here so I can't comprehend why something out of our control would cause you never to visit us again and to talk so bad about us when your previous review shows how well you like us. If you think Il Pizzico and every other restaurant in the world has never had a spider in their dining room you don't understand nature. In 39 years this is happened like maybe two other times. Any restaurant owner will tell you that is an amazingly few in this business. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but everywhere you have ever eaten has had a spider there. That is just life.

Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

I grew up eating Amalfi's white pizza and shrimp Parm. It's been 10 years since I last went and I'm happy to say that it's better than ever.

Reviewed 4 July 2016

We went here with some friends and had a wonderful meal. The beef bologanese was awesome, the gnocchi was some of the best I've had in a long time, and the tiramisu was delicious! Someone else in our party had the special that evening that was a pesto pasta with pistachio and it was really really good. The service was also A+. We will definitely be going back here!