“excellent value”

Ranked #176 of 469 Restaurants in Rockville
Price range: USD 0 - USD 20
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 5 August 2017

Very good mediterranean food made on the premises. The owner makes bread and the kitchen is open so you can watch while you eat. Very good for takeout also

1  Thank lenawayhouse

Reviewed 13 July 2017

The restaurant is in a strip mall, and it appears to be family owned as evidenced by the home made items on the menu.
We ordered the "Feast 2" with lamb and beef Kabob. It is served on a bed of lettuce with tomatoes, cucumbers, a some fresh mushroom slices (called a house salad) and Tzatziki sauce. It comes with homemade Pita bread slices.
Our reactions - the Tzatziki is a bit thin, the lemon flavor is a bit strong. The beef - cooked to perfection, the lamb, tasty, but hard to cut with plastic ware.. Overall, good taste.
We did not try other menu offerings, but I believe that they will be good and tasty.

My closing comment - They have plastic ware, and that bugs me, a lot.
If a restaurant must use plastic, at least get better quality material. I did mention it to the owner, but I am not sure that my comment is going to change the utensils. I did suggest that perhaps the lamb kabobs be cut up a bit with scissors - to make them more properly sized to eat. Not a real problem, just a comment.

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

It's going on two years since my last review at this place. I was talking this place up to some friends and man where they Disappointed.

Service was good, staff was friendly. Food missed the mark, the baba gnoush (#5 on the menu, they have a different name for it) ...and it was Terrible....it was so thick you could probably walk on it without sinking. The color was wired too, and the taste was strange. The beef and lamb were juicy and seasoned very good. The chicken was dry and chewy. The pitas, not so good, they didn't appear to be fresh, which is wired because they're making them throughout the day.

One of my friends is Arabic, he gave a big thumbs down to the overall experience.

Reviewed 3 June 2016

The food is good and it's nice to support a local mom and pop place. The only thing I didn't like is there was a faint bad smell that I couldn't get over every time I've been in there, so I only do pick up. However, there are other really good options for Middle Eastern food in the area as well.

Reviewed 16 March 2016

Chicken Kabob w/ rice is my all time favorite and I've yet to divert from it. I should try the Falafel one of these times but I can't stay away from my favorite. I also order extra pita bread by itself because it's delicious! It's a great place to sit down and have a meal without being overcrowded.