“Perfect Place for a Fun Adventure”

Earth Treks Climbing Center
Ranked #5 of 38 things to do in Rockville
More attraction details
Owner description: Earth Treks' Climbing Centers are state-of-the-art indoor climbing gyms located in Maryland - Columbia, Hampden, Rockville and Timonium; Virginia - Crystal City; and Colorado - Golden. We pride ourselves on offering the best rock climbing experience in Colorado and the greater Washington DC and Baltimore metropolitan areas. Each climbing gym is among the largest in the country, with plenty of climbing for every ability level. Earth Treks offers private and group instruction for climbers of all abilities and ages. For information on courses available and online registration check out our website. We also offer private parties and venue rentals perfect for your next birthday party, girls night out or team building excursion.
Reviewed 27 July 2016

Whenever I have a friend visiting from out of town, I always put Earth Treks on my itinerary. It is one of the coolest gyms I've been to, staff is super friendly, and always makes for a really unique experience!

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"blast"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 27 July 2016

My spouse won some passes, so we took the day off work and drove to Rockville. Very clean and well designed climbing center, we truly enjoyed the challenges each setup provided.

The walls are well marked for each level and we always felt safe. Register online prior to going so you save time at the entrance.

They had kids camps as well, definitely worth considering down the road as everyone looked like they were having so much fun!

Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

Can't review this from the perspective of a seasoned climber, but as newbies we were completely impressed.

Staff was welcoming, friendly, and helpful. We dropped in on a Sunday morning with our 4 and 14 year old. We were assigned a staff member (thanks, Dixon!) who assisted all of our climbs and was as comfortable with the 4 year old as the 44 year old in the group. He encouraged but didn't push.

Not sure when or if we'll be back,it's a trek for us, but we had a great time.

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

I always wanted to try rock climbing. My wife and I saw a introductory to climbing class and had no idea the gym even existed as it is hidden behind Marlo Furniture. When we arrived we were amazed and the gym had bouldering, top rope, lead climbing and even a few crack climbs. Everyone was super nice and helpful. After the class we were hooked and we signed up for a monthly membership. Wish I didn't wait until I was in my 30's to start climbing, but as they say better than never.

The offer a lot of good learning/climbing instructional sessions for free for memebers. There is also a decent workout area and they do yoga certain days of the week for members.

If you are a beginner they have open climb which a staff memeber can belay for you and if you want a good party idea you can reserve a private section.

If you've always wanted to try or just got the itch recently from shows like American Ninja Warrior then you should definitely give it a try. They have daily passes and you can rent shoes and a harness.