“Great Donuts - lots of topping choices”
Review of Duck Donuts

Duck Donuts
Ranked #2 of 8 Quick Bites in Rockville
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I have passed by the Duck Donuts store many times and once decided to go in and try the donuts. Loved the toppings and donut choices. i know they are not good for me, but once in a while worth the calorie spurge.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Build your own fresh donut and topping creation, a terrific offering. Regrettably not carried through to delivery by staff shortcomings. Order menus had run out, but once notified, staff literally didn’t care. So the order line backed up. Our questions about toppings were answered with monosyllables. The women behind us was given cold coffee. Sum = zero motivation and no manager present. All particularly baffling as the large poster behind the prep area says every customer is guaranteed a great experience (signed by the CEO). Great donut, but ya must earn it by putting up with all this.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

I see what all the rave is all about! Make sure to grab a pad and pencil to make your order. You have a choice of having a cake base with icing, topping and drizzle. If it becomes overwhelming just look at the top of the page for customer favorites. Even though there was a line, the process is fast. The assembly line can be viewed for the more curious and it works well. I ordered the vanilla/sprinkles and it was absolutely heaven on a plate. The cost per donut is less expensive than the competition. This just means more donuts for you!

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 7 October 2017

The Washington Post tasters rated these donuts #1 in the area. You should try them and decide. Do not expect a bow tie or French cruller type donut; instead there is only one shape and it is cooked right in front of you. There is a grid to choose coating, topping and/or drizzle for each donut you order. We chose French toast with maple coating and powdered sugar and one glazed coating and chocolate topping. Very sweet and the coating/toppings did not harden and were gooey. You needed to eat them with a plastic knife and fork, which is supplied. Donuts are also put in a box. Do not try to eat them in a car! We had to wait ten minutes for our two donuts as people before us were ordering a half or full dozen. Each donut is coated individually so you wait.

In our view, it is fine to come here occasionally, but the donuts were not worth the wait if you wanted to stop by at least once- twice a week.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 30 September 2017

Even though I know Duck Donuts is a franchise, this is my first visit. There was a long line when we arrived this store before 7pm at the suburb of DC, and it was quite a wait before we got our dozen of made-to-order donuts. But we were all happy when we got them in the box. Overall, who does not like desserts, especially when you can choose your own dip, toppings, and drizzles?

I would not say Duck Donuts are gourmet donuts, but they are still pretty good, and fresh. Also when you can decide your preference of sweetness on your dessert, I am all for it. I will come back to Duck donuts next time I'm having a sweet tooth.

Date of visit: September 2017