“Worst Hotel Experience I ever had”

SpringHill Suites Prince Frederick
Reviewed 13 September 2010

Over the last 20 years I have averaged over 25 nights/year on the road. This experience over labor day week by far is the worst experience I have ever had in a hotel. Apparently the hotel booked 3 different blocks of rooms for wedding parties. They then decided to put our room on "Fraternity Row" - We had to deal with drunks, noise, load music, yelling in the hallways until after 3 AM. Sound carried right through the walls. Calls to the front desk to complain about the noise were met with the answer of "what do you want me to do?". After the second call the night desk clerk told the other guests to take the party to the hotel's outside patio. This was 2am. Guess where the patio was located - right beneath our 2nd floor room's window.

Upon checking out the next morning I attempted to speak to someone at the front desk. No one was to be found? We have tried to email the General Manager to complain and are still waiting on a response.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Prince Frederick

Reviewed 8 September 2010

We had a fabulous stay. The hotel was clean, the staff was outstanding and very helpful. They even accomodated our request for an early checkin. I would absolutely return. The hotel location to where we needed to go was very centrally located. We also appreciated the location to the shopping centers, Solomons Island, and 2 wineries.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharkmako
Reviewed 28 August 2010

This hotel is very nice for the price. No problems to complain about only minor issues. Beds were a little too firm for my liking however i would have rather them be to firm than to feel mattress springs. Only other issue is that I had to ask the front desk for towels after seeing there were none in the pool area. The lady acted as if I were bothering her and seemed irritated that I interrupted her conversation with a fellow employee. Other than that our stay was great. Nice rooms, large bathroom and I enjoyed that it had central air. I didn't have to get up in the middle of the night to turn off the a/c because I was too cold like I have had to do in other hotels. Overall we had a good experience and will likely return when in the area again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank jen526
Reviewed 16 August 2010

Just great. Luxurious and large rooms. No complaints here! It must have been remodeled recently because earlier reviews call it "decent". Room wise, it's first rate, service wise is great, too.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank bschh
Reviewed 10 August 2010

Do not listen to these bad reviews given they are obviously looking for something for nothing. I am a business travel who pretty much lives in hotels 299 out 365 days a year. I personally only choose the marriott for their quality & service. This hotel will NOT let you down for either. I have only had 1 issue in the past year of staying here with a room due to air conditioning issues, The issue was addressed, & corrected immediately! I am not sure why this wedding party is slamming this hotel, other than wanting something for nothing, but I can tell you as a person that frequents this establishment often, this place is extremely clean, & they have a top level of quality with customer service far exceeding the standard norm. The staff is very helpful, they have an expanded continental breakfast, clean pool, clean work out area, & free snacks in the breakfast area open all day. The rooms are all suites, clean, free internet, water & coffee... really what more could you ask for. As for the complaints made by the wedding party, my advice to them is you get more with honey than you exaggerating about an establishment. This place is beautiful & so is the staff. Rememeber wedding party what goes around comes around, Karma isnt kind, especially when your streching the truth. Let be honest no hotel is PERFECT but this hotel really does go above & beyond the expected level of service. I just hope your nasty remarks havent hurt the employee moral there, the employees that put their life into their career.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Holiday Inn Solomons Conference Center and Marina
24.6 km away
Quality Inn Beacon Marina
26.8 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington Park (Patuxent River Naval Air Station)
28.9 km away
TownePlace Suites Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station

Been to SpringHill Suites Prince Frederick? Share your experiences!