“Yummy, healthy food!”

Ranked #25 of 135 Restaurants in Owings Mills
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We visited on a Sat for lunch, it wasn't super busy.. We placed our order and just a few minutes later it was delivered to our table.

Food was great, staff was friendly and everything was clean.

One of us had the Chicken very berry salad, very good portion of tender and moist chicken, rich goat cheese and oh so many berries, it was wonderful.
We also had the vegan chili, good flavor but need more heat, as in chili powder.
The chicken salad sandwich was ordered by 2 others, it looked great, they said it was their favorite. It was mixed with apples and grapes, good combination and served with a side salad.

We will continue to visit and bring guests with us, highly recommended.

Prices are a bit high, $30 for lunch is more than we typically spend. But the food is prepared and presented well and of high quality and freshness.

There are newer reviews for Flying Avocado

Reviewed 2 November 2011

The staff and manager were very courteous and helpful on our first of what we expect will be other visits. The food was fresh and delicious and well prepared and reasonably priced. My only complaint was that when we decided we would make room for desserts, we went up to the counter to check them out and the cleaning staff mistakenly thought we were done (even though my friend had left some personal items on the seat to hold our table) and they cleaned everything off our table including the part of the meal that my friend had hoped to box up and eat for later as well as my drink which I had not yet finished. As a courtesy to their customers they should keep an eye on things just enough to notice when people really are leaving for good and not be too quick too assume that getting up from the table means for sure that a patron is finished. To their credit, they apologized and did the fair and just thing by providing another meal to replace the one they had hastily removed in cleaning the table. For this reason I'm still giving them 5 stars and hope they will heed the advice herein so that we can be totally happy with our experience eating there in the future.

Reviewed 1 November 2011

Flying Avocado is my favorite place to pick up lunch on Fridays! I usually get the Berry Chicken Salad which is oh so delicious! The food is fresh and the services is fast. The dining area is very small and cramped, so I always call ahead and pick-up.

1  Thank LadieLavender
Reviewed 18 September 2011

the food is awesome and the bald manager is great, he explained the entire menu to me very well , and was so polite , he even prepares some of the most delicious deserts i have ever seen, and the other female manager is great too, go to this place it's awesome!

2  Thank jamie t
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Flying Avocado is definitely not my style. In fact, I was reluctant to try it since I'm more of a burgers and french fries type of girl. Plus, the location is in a strange shopping center wedged in between a natural foods shop, office buildings and warehouses. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of food and have gone back repeatedly with my family.

My husband loves the chicken wrap with red peppers and avocado while I usually opt for the jerk chicken wrap. All wraps come with your choice of blue tortilla chips or side salad. And although the prices are on the higher side, the freshness of the food is definitely worth it.

If you're tight on cash, even the kids meals are amazing. My kids love the grilled cheese which comes with grapes and blue corn tortilla chips. And I've ordered the peanut butter and banana sandwich on delicious grainy bread.

My husband asks if we can go back every weekend. The only problem is that we have to get there early since there aren't many tables, and people seem to love this place as much as we do.

1  Thank ps12