“Gi-Gi Rocksss, very polite & helpful”
Review of Paradise Plaza Inn

Paradise Plaza Inn
Ranked #10 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I just finished a painless reservation process with the front desk my helpers Name was Gi-Gi. Thank you so much for assisting me in my reservations for next month. I didnt feel any pressure or I didnt feel as if i was being rushed. Excellent Customers Service for the Booking aspect.

FYI: I will be checking in at the end of April. Stay tuned for part 2 of this review........

Claude

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank C W
Hoteltim, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your 1st experience with the Paradise Plaza Inn with us and others. First impressions are always important and Customer Service is one aspect that I am constantly trying to stress to our employees and continually improve on. Gi Gi is very good and we are fortunate to have her. As much as we would like all guests inquiring about rates to book with us, we don't want them to feel pressured. It is human nature to shop the competition and we feel confident that we have the staff, product and price value that will keep guest coming back. We look forward to your stay.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

The manager of this hotel truly understands the importance of making the guests happy and making sure that their stay is all that it can be!
We have stayed at the Paradise Plaza Inn many times and kept coming back because the views from the balconies are beautiful and the rooms are great and have jacuzzi tubs. We recently stayed over the long weekend after having not been able to go on a vacation for 6 years. I called the hotel directly and made a reservation and got a premium room on the 8th floor and even got a returning customer discount and saved around $100 for the weekend which was awesome! The first two nights of our stay were not the best because there were technical issues with the jacuzzi tub which was disappointing and they did try to fix but it got to the point that our last day there they moved us to another room which was really nice because it had two balconies, it would have been awesome to have been in that room from the beginning, but we didn't let the issues ruin our trip but it was a little disappointing because every other time we had stayed here the experience was wonderful. After we got home I wrote an email to the manager expressing the disappointment and issues that we experienced during our stay and he has to be the best manager in the world and truly knows the importance of customer service because he absolutely has made things right for us and definitely has a return customer for many more vacations. This hotel is like all the other beach hotels but honestly the customer service is above and beyond at this hotel and I would recommend this hotel to anyone! From a romantic weekend to a family vacation it is just perfect!!

Room Tip: The best rooms are 805 and 802 they are bigger and atleast 805 has two balconies!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Jen D
Hoteltim, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Thank you so much for you honest review. Again I apologize for the inconveniences you and your family incurred during your recent visit. I am extremely pleased though that we were able to resolve the issue to your liking and we haven't lost a long time customer. Customer service is one of the major details we are concentrating on this year with all of our staff. In this day and age it is so important and it is one of the main areas that can set us aside from our competition. Thanks again and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

The Paradise Plaza Inn is a clean hotel with a courteous staff. However, I reserved an "ocean front" room a few weeks in advance during off season, and was greatly disappointed when I was assigned a room on the second floor because my "ocean front" view was obscured by a very large "comfort station" (aka toilets!). The Paradise Plaza Inn should bill these rooms as Ocean View, but certainly not Ocean Front. So while the hotel is very nice, I may not stay there again unless I can be guaranteed a room on the 5th floor or higher.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Cindy F
Hoteltim, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2012

Cindy, thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. I am pretty sure you wrote this review during or right after your stay with us as we just recently had a situation where we were replacing tile and carpet in a number of rooms and we had a large kids group coming in that had to be on the same floor. Although it is technically the "off season" we were limited to the number of oceanfront rooms available so we did have to put many of our oceanfront arrivals on the second floor. Unfortunately there are 2 or 3 oceanfront rooms at the north end of the building on the 2nd floor that although they are oceanfront they do have a bit of an obstruction from the city owned changing/comfort station. I am pleased though that you found the hotel clean and the staff courteous. Please if you do decide to stay with us again, which I hope you do, definitely request a higher floor and we will do our utmost in accommodating your wishes. Unfortunately as with most if not all hotels, we can not guarantee anything although we feel 99% confident that we can at least meet your needs. Thanks again for staying with us and we do hope that you give us a second chance.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

I recently called to make reservations for September.

I spoke with someone at the counter who was very professional and courteous.

I am vacationing this year with a Vietnam Veteran who has multiple injuries from the war and has problems sleeping so I explained to her that his needs are either a hard sofa or a clean floor to sleep on to alleviate the aggravation in his back. She was able to suggest a room that sounds like it will suit all of our needs wonderfully. She even went as far as to explain the different views from the balconies of different floors to determine which would make my vacation even more memorable.

It isn’t often these days that you find customer service that is friendly and helpful.

Although I have not yet stayed at this hotel, she assured me that the hotel and rooms are in very good condition and that I will be very happy with my stay. After speaking with her, I believe that this will be a wonderful place and I am looking very much forward to spending my vacation here.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rachel1218

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am extremely pleased to hear that your 1st impression of the hotel has been so positive. We are constantly striving to improve our customer service, friendliness and hospitality as in this day and age, first impressions and one on one communication is so important yet is often now between a person and a machine/recording. I feel confident that we will live up to your expectations and please, if we don't, stop and ask so we can correct the problem immediately.

Reviewed 13 February 2012

I don't even know where to begin between power outages, clogged toilets, exploding lights bulbs, and no pillows. I'll start by saying I do not consider myself a difficult person and I am not that hard to please.
Ok, so 4 of us shared a room with 2 queen beds. First off, our room was nothing like we saw in the picture. It didn't even fit the description we read when we booked the room. The kitchenette was literally right beside one of the beds with only about 2 feet of floor space in front and we didn't have the living area that was described. We decided to just let it slide because we were ready to start enjoying our vacation.
The problems really started when we had to go through a total ordeal to get a pillow, which involved calling the front desk numerous times to ask, and waiting hours, before finally being told there were none. Seconds after i had walked by the front desk and asked for a 3rd time to get a pillow, and was told there were still none, i step onto the elevator with a hotel employee and ask him for a pillow. Miraculously he shows up at our door with a pillow within 5 minutes. The front desk/housekeeping apparently didn't want to be bothered to look around for one or just figured it was easier to brush me off then check to see if any had become available.
The next night I am taking a shower and getting ready to go out. Our bathroom had a big bulb in the middle of the ceiling that was set on a timer. I obviously had the light on while i was showering and as I'm looking up rinsing out my hair, THE BULB LITERALLY BUSTS AND GLASS EXPLODES EVERYWHERE. I'm in the middle of a shower at this point and there are large and small shards of glass all over the bottom of the tub, all over the floor outside, on my body, EVERYWHERE. I carefully rinse off and step out while everyone was standing outside the door asking me if i was OK and what had happened. We cleaned up as best we could and called the front desk to let them know what happened. Luckily, i was the last one in the shower so everyone was ready and we were still able to go out. When we come back a few hours later, the bulb had been replaced, but there were still shards of glass all over the floor. The large ones were gone, b/c we had picked them up, but you could still see pieces of glass everywhere. I cannot understand how maintenance wouldn't think to or want to sweep up in there? We obviously had no broom. So i call down and tell the front desk that we need the glass swept b/c we don't want to cut our feet. We decide to go out for an hour or so so they can take care of the problem. We get back, and they STILL haven't swept the floor. You would think that glass being all over a guests bathroom floor after a bulb exploded on them in the shower would put us near the top of the priority list for service. Not only were we not at the top, they were just totally ignoring us. I have NEVER been treated like this by hotel staff; just totally disregarded.

The next night, the women are blow drying their hair and the power goes out. At this point, b/c of what we had experienced, we were certain it would take them hours to flip the breaker or whatever else needed to be done. Fortunately, they did restore our power within about 15 minutes or so.

NEXT, the toilet clogs up. Despite the fact the front desk sounded totally annoyed by another call from us, we did get maintenance up fairly quickly to fix the problem. At this point, we started to get a feeling from the front desk like they didn't want to be bothered with us. Like we were a nuisance or something. It was just totally uncomfortable. Especially considering the fact that none of these problems were our fault. We didn't want the stress of dealing with room problems, or staff who were ignoring us or annoyed by us. We just wanted to relax.
As hard as you try, it's impossible to be treated this poorly and deal with so many accommodation problems and not have it put a big damper on your vacation. Instead of enjoying yourself, you think about how you're paying good money only to be totally brushed off and treated like you don't matter. The staff just did not care about us. They just wanted us to shut-up, pay our money, and go on our way. That's how we were treated anyway. You know how you're usually disappointed to have to go home at the end of a vacation? Well, we were excited to be leaving the Paradise Plaza and all these problems behind. The only positive thing i can think of is the location. Other then that, I could never imagine staying there again and i highly recommend you avoid it if at all possible.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
10  Thank Matthew T
Hoteltim, General Manager at Paradise Plaza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and share your comments with us and unfortunately your disappointment with your stay. It is tough with a smaller hotel such as ours with 18-20 different room types to be able to show them all on a Web site or in a brochure. Although you may have a room that is oceanfront there may be some differences from room to room and unfortunately it usually the “luck of the draw” as to which room you will receive upon check-in. I do apologize for the attitude you said you received from our staff, which actually surprises me. There is no excuse for maintenance to not clean up the broken glass or at least following through with Housekeeping to make sure it was done. The issues however such as the heat lamp bulb “exploding”, the blow dryer kicking off the breaker and the toilet getting clogged can happen anywhere including your home and are certainly not specific to the Paradise Plaza. I do agree with you however that the way they were handled is and I do apologize. I wish that you had asked for a manager so we could have addressed your issues immediately rather than waiting 6 months to write your review. Since we are somewhat seasonal our front desk staff does change, nonetheless I will share your review and experience with our current staff to remind them of how to handle a guest’s complaint and to properly follow through. Please accept my apology.