See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

The room was spacious, all tile flooring. Bathroom was small,sjnk bowl was dirty. Vanity was coming off the wall. Faucet dripped constantly and the shower whistled. Parking was bismol,had to park 2 blks away.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
carouselresort, Public Relations Manager at Tidelands Caribbean Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Lisa B, thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Tidelands Caribbean Hotel & Suites. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent those issues from occurring in the future.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

There were so many negative issues with this motel, I barely know where to begin.
We did not have a reservation, but thought the place looked appealing and decided to spend the night. We got there at 11 AM, and got promised twice that they would call us when the room was ready. Needless to say, that call never occurred. The room was adequate, but felt somewhat dirty. The chairs on the balcony completely filthy! The microwave light did not work, the refrigerator vibrated, and we could not figure out how to adjust the thermostat. Ends up I was supposed to have received a card at check-in to help navigate the thermostat, clearly that did not happen either. I called about the phone that was blinking endlessly and the “gentleman” at the front desk just laughed at me. Told me he would try to investigate, never heard back from him either. We had to disconnect the phone. The pool on the rooftop was full of Sand and hair, who knows if and when that was last cleaned. Parking is essentially nonexistent, a few spots nearby… Plus another location for parking 2- 3 blocks away! The front desk staff appear to be overwhelmed, which I guess explains why we never got the call we were promised for check in. After I checked out, I realize that I had left the cord for my phone charger in the room. I called that evening, and again felt that the person at the front desk laughed at me. He took my phone number and said he would get back to me, that never happened. I called again the next morning, and was spoken to in a very curt manner from the lady at the front desk. The only good thing about this motel would be its location, but there’s many, many other nicely located motels nearby and I would never recommend anyone stay at this place!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
carouselresort, Public Relations Manager at Tidelands Caribbean Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tideland Caribbean Hotel & Suites. Our check-in time is 4 pm and unfortunately, we can't guarantee an early check-in. Since you arrived earlier you were provided with the parking pass and were able to use all of the hotel's amenities. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent those issues from occurring in the future

Reviewed 22 August 2018

Not at all what expected. The room was called a two bedroom suite with one of the bedrooms having a twin bed. Suppose to sleep five. Well there are two bedrooms, but with no doors on them. Absolutely no privacy. The one bedroom is part of the livingroom and kitchen area. There was no twin bed just a dirty pull out couch that there was no room for. The room in general was dirty. I don't think they have ever been cleaned. Filthy floors and bathroom. Hair on the sheets and pillows. The air conditioning didn't work the first few days we were there. For a family suite, the kitchenette only had one of each utensil. The pictures on there site are deceiving. Overpriced for the quality. Also be prepared for a very confusing check in. There are two separate buildings to this hotel. The check in is in the rear building with no direct access to the other building. Parking is a pain and only one spot for each family. If you have more then one car, have fun finding parking. The pools are small but ok. You are on the boardwalk. We were supposed to get an oceanfront room, but that didn't happen. It's pure luck if you get an oceanfront room. I think they put your name in a hat and draw. I would never stay here again.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Barbara G
carouselresort, Public Relations Manager at Tidelands Caribbean Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Barbara G, your review is unfortunate as well as untrue. You made a reservation for a partial ocean view two-room suite with a King Bed in each room and one sleeper sofa. Our hotel doesn't offer oceanfront suites. Due to the Downtown Boardwalk location, we are able to provide only one complimentary parking pass per room.

Reviewed 21 August 2018

I booked this place online and wasn't sure what to expect. No signs to where to check in. No parking at premises 1 1/2 blocks away (crossing major highway). Got to room black hairs on bathroom floor, tub dirty and sand throughout the room. I was only in the room less than 5 min and called front desk to tell them about my room so far. She said she would send housekeeping I said no thanks I want a refund she said she couldn't that I signed stating no early checkouts. I barely checked in. She said she wouldn't refund me and I told her oh that's okay I can cancel my credit card and I did. In my opinion read all the reviews before booking and ask to see the room before you finish paying.

Room Tip: Read reviews before booking
Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
carouselresort, Guest Relations Manager at Tidelands Caribbean Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Connie T, thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tidelands Caribbean Hotel & Suites. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent any housekeeping issues from occurring in the future.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Okay so I know you get what you pay for and you can't beat being on 4th st but that being said this place is horrible. The rooms are dirty and old. I can deal with old (everyone has a grandma with furniture that dates back to the stone age) but the room was flat gross. The beds had stains and there was white gook all over the head rest and pictures. There was hair all on the pillows. The floors were dirty and had sand all over them (which they don't sweep up when they clean your room) they don't change the beds either. Parking is a pain too. They have maybe 30 spots which fill up very quickly so if you don't get one you have to park 3 streets over. There is only 1 elevator and it take forever to get up and down (and it is always wet inside because people are coming from the pool) the roof top pool is small. Like very small, tops it could fit 10 people.

The bathroom was dirty but we cleaned it up ourselfs so it was okay.(never had to clean my own hotel room before) also we had the middle outlet in our room that didn't work no big deal but to controlled the alarm clock and the main light in the room. Over all this hotel was not worth what was paid.

Please save your money and book else were. I wish we would have known all this before we wasted money on this place. Real please look else where.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
carouselresort, Public Relations Manager at Tidelands Caribbean Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Tidelands Caribbean Hotel & Suites. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent those issues from occurring in the future. We hope you can give us another chance.