“Great place”

Ranked #36 of 467 Restaurants in Ocean City
Price range: USD 7 - USD 25
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Description: Rosenfeld's is a kosher-style, Jewish delicatessen, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as over-sized desserts. Wait-staff service, take out service, and ordered-in-advance party platters are all available, as are sliced meats, cheeses, salads, smoke fish, and breads by the pound for carry-out to your home or hotel.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Great ruebens and fries to die for. Finally found a great pl ace in Ocean City. Dr browns soda and fantastic egg cremes.got eclairs to go. Excellent wait staff. A must go when in Ocean City.

Warren R, Owner at Rosenfeld's Jewish Delicatessen, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thanks! We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

First off the service is horrible. Half the authentic foods that would find in a Jewish deli and not available, they are on the menu but not available. Our server was rude and spiteful, but she was honest when I ask what was home made at the deli and what was ready made in a container from a food distributor. My corn-beef Ruben was served cold, our server let it sit at the counter for an extended length of time before bringing it to our table. The rye bread was soggy and full of grease. The pickles are very good and they have D. Browns soda. The food is what one would expect to get in a airport food concession. My advice stay away.

Warren R, Owner at Rosenfeld's Jewish Delicatessen, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Your review is a very abnormal one for us. I'm sorry about your service and experience. I doubt that the server was "spiteful", but we do have a server whose husband passed away just a week ago, so perhaps it was her and she was having a terrible day. Again, I'm sorry for that. Our Reubens are highly rated by thousands of customers. It should not have been served cold. Thank you for reviewing us.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Delicious! This was a great find- my Sandwich was excellent! Fun atmosphere and the service was good.

Warren R, Owner at Rosenfeld's Jewish Delicatessen, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thanks for taking the time to review us. We appreciate your very kind words. So glad that you enjoyed your meal. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

It's not fancy, it is small and congested (especially when outdoor seating is closed) but the food is absolutely delicious. Mostly sandwiches and desserts. Never had anything on the menu that I did not like. They have even prepared an item not on the menu. Friendly staff and customers.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Sandwiches are as good as ever. Lots of great tasting meat.

The new menu is very misleading as to what combinations are available in the half sandwich soup special. Although it states specifically that specialty sandwiches are included, some are not.

The server was not familiar with what soups were available, admitted that the menu was confusing and forgot one of the sides our party of five ordered.

While we stop at Rosenfeld's each early spring on our little vacation, this year it was not up to the standard to which we were accustomed. One our party commented that the place looked a little less clean than in the past.

We may return again in the future, but we are a bit disappointed that they are slipping a bit.

Warren R, Owner at Rosenfeld's Jewish Delicatessen, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Thank you for your kind word about our sandwiches. Our food is the star of the show, and if that is great, then we've succeeded.

I appreciate your comments about the new menu, but I respectfully disagree. The new menu is a big change from the old one in Ocean City, but it is the menu that we have used in the Rehoboth location for the past year, and we've received no complaints about it. I just think that because its new, and a big change from what Ocean City was using, it can be a little overwhelming at first. I'm sure that with your next visit, you'll be more used to it, and perhaps your view of the menu will change accordingly. I hope so. I personally believe that the menu is very clear as to what sandwiches come with the soup and sandwich special for the stated price. All sandwiches are technically available, its just that the special price might change as a result.

As far as the service is concerned, I've spoken to your waitress, who has been with us a long time. I apologize if you think it was sub-par. We'll try and do better next time. Again, my apologies. She should have know what soups were available. There is no excuse for that.

We try to keep the place clean daily, and we apologize if you thought it was less than stellar in that regard. It is a very old building, and we do our best. Now that spring is coming, we have our floor cleaning company, power washing company, painter and landscape company all visit to do their thing just in time for the high season. Again, I apologize, but if you came in the winter perhaps the building was not up to the standard we usually keep it in the spring, summer and early fall. We try our best to make it very presentable at all times. I've spoken to the staff about it.

Thank you for your business, and again, for your kind words about our food. We'll do better with the other items, I promise. I'm sorry if any of it detracted from your overall experience.

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your relationship with Rosenfeld's is very much appreciated!