“Disappointed it their crab cakes”

The Original Crabcake Factory
Ranked #41 of 474 Restaurants in Ocean City
Price range: USD 0 - USD 20
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Steps from the Beach at 120th Street
Reviewed 17 September 2018

We've been wanting to try this place for forever. During our recent vacation we finally went. There were 4 of us in our party. Hostess was pleasant and seated us right away. Our waitress took our drink order and quickly returned with our drinks. We ordered appetizers and dinner (which included a salad). Appetizers were delish, and the two that ordered entrees were pleased with their meal choice. However, the two that chose the crab cakes were very disappointed. The cakes were very meaty, almost no shell and no filler, but they had absolutely no flavor at all. If I want crab cakes in OC, I'm going to Coins - which we did two days later. I ordered the crab cake and wasn't disappointed. Sorry, Original Crabcake Factory. Everything else was wonderful, but crab cakes - not so much.

1  Thank William H
OCJ, Director of Sales at The Original Crabcake Factory, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Thanks so much for trying us out. We have had the same recipe for 22 years. Most would disagree but we value your opinion. Glad you loved everything else and it was wonderful despite the average rating we received. Regards!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,362)

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Be sure to try their signature crab Bloody Mary. Service was quick, friendly staff. Great selection of seafood and for those who want something else.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

I have been coparing Crab Cakes all over town, and The Crab Cake Factory's is simply the best. Great food all around but the best asset is the people that work there...

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

The food was great. I had the crabcake sandwich and fries, my son had a burger and my husband had the ribs.

Reviewed 14 September 2018

I have drove by this place lots of time so this trip me and my mom tried it I got crab dip it was great I also got cream of crab soup it was ok didn't have a lot of lump crab meat in it but it was still good my mom got a crab cake sandwich she said it was GREAT
IT WAS A LITTLE $$$$$ but we can say we tried it