USD 262
Hotels.com
USD 96
Holiday Inn Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
USD 280
USD 243
HolidayInn.com
The Ambassador Inn(Ocean City)
USD 113
Castle in the Sand Hotel(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
USD 204
USD 176
  • Pool
Comfort Suites Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
USD 206
USD 158
The Admiral Motel(Ocean City)
USD 156
  • Pool
Americana Hotel(Ocean City)
USD 96
USD 778
USD 669
Hilton.com
All reviewsroom was ready earlycleaned dailythird floorlocation is greatmusty smellwould definitely stay here againtowelsboardwalksandcleanlinessmaidsclosetunitsefficiencylinens
Reviewed 28 July 2015

Super clean, great proximity to the beach, really quiet and very friendly staff. For its price range, you can't expect anymore more. It is a motel, after all!

Really, the place was very clean, and I noticed that the staff were hard working and we really maintaining the property well. Was expecting much worse and we were happily surprised that we were wrong.

Also, my family and I really liked where the motel is located on the boardwalk. You aren't in the busiest part, so you don't have to deal with the most intense traffic, but you are only about a mile away from the most popular parts of the boardwalk.

Disclaimer: Wifi was really bad, TV was fairly bad, beds do not compare to the Hampton Inn, but if you want those amenities you are going to have to pay up to twice as much.

Bang for buck, this place is fantastic.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Patrick D
Reviewed 25 July 2015

I have been staying here for the past three years and I am very pleased with it. The prices are good and it's in a very good location close to the boardwalk and beach. The staff is very nice and they do a good job keeping the motel clean.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
10  Thank Christine H
Reviewed 24 June 2015

I am a person who normally stays in rental condos, the Hilton or Quality Inn on the boardwalk. I enjoy a large selection of cable channels, a private balcony with concrete walls in between rooms, a ceiling fan, two pools, etc. This year I could not afford 3 luxury or higher end beach vacations but rather 2 higher end and a budget trip.

This is my first time at this hotel. I read the various reviews and expected the bare necessities (Bed, bathroom (rusty but clean) and AC). I was surprised to find large comfortable mattresses with decent pillows. My bathroom looked like it had been updated with bath fitter. It was clean with a new toilet and pedestal sink. There was a small window in the bathroom you could open to let out the steam from the shower. There was a small window in the room itself so you could get cross ventilation with front door open through the back window. For the visual readers, I would compare the window size to a over the sink kitchen window where you slide the bottom frame up. The television had plenty of cable channels where I was not struggling to find something to watch. I am not a picky tv watcher but I get bored quickly if my choices was limited to 10 channels. The room had Wi-Fi BUT the signal was weak. I could not stream. I had a hard time staying connected. I sleep with my iPad so this was driving me crazy but let me get back to describing the room. There is an open closet. There was a waist high refrig with freezer that could hold 4 large water bottles sliding on their sides. On top of the frig was a small microwave for warming up food, tv dinners and popcorn. I ate better than that but you get the picture. The dresser was low 4 long drawers with a wall hanging mirror. I could view majority of my outfit just not my shins and shoes. There are two chairs by the front window with a little table. The chairs, table and dresser looked a little dated. The only wear and tear was 3 cigarette burns in the dresser that have been filled and waxed over and some stain/damage on one of the chairs. Floors clean- passed. Wall Paper still attached - passed. No water damage on ceiling - passed. Bathroom not rusty and clean- passed
Two extra blankets and 2 extra pillows - passed Wear and Tear Damage - acceptable.

All rooms over look the hotel pool. It is a decent size for the motel and it is clean with plenty of chairs. It is located facing Baltimore Ave but far enough back you do not get the "lookers". It captures majority of the days sun rays so two thumbs up on location.

There is a shower at the back entrance to wash of sand. There is plenty of food within two blocks of the motel. There are no elevators. I stayed on the 3rd floor at my request. When you are walking, swimming and struggling in sand, walking up 3 flights gets old quick. If you are bringing a lot of luggage, think about taking a lower floor.

There are no private balconies. Every room gets two chairs in front of the room window on the outside as well as inside. These chairs could be used to stare at people in the pool, hotel neighbors, taking a nap or hanging a beach towel to dry. The rooms are no smoking rooms. For this asthmatic, I can tell immediately if someone had recently been smoking in a room. This room had no negative smells. The cigarette burns in the dresser looked like they were done 10 years plus ago.

Lastly and most importantly, the room was quiet. My room was next to 5 teenagers during senior week. I barely heard a word from them. There were 3 large groups of teenagers in the hotel and each group was well mannered. I noticed the rowdy kids on the boardwalk so much so I left the boards at 9pm. I am always at the beach for the air show/senior weeks and I have never left the boards before 11pm. This year the kids were worst than normal. It is either that or I am just getting too old. :-)

In summary, this is a great motel. I like the remodeling. I do request they place more routers around the building and ask their xfinity supplier for more bandwidth.

I will probably stay here again next year. I might be able to afford 4 trips next year at these prices.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
8  Thank treki999
Reviewed 15 June 2015 via mobile

We were very happy with our stay at the Empress Hotel. It has a good price and a great location. It's close to the beach, boardwalk, and many restaurants. The hotel was very clean and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We will stay here again!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
6  Thank Pecanisdl
j w, General Manager at Empress Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2015

Hi Pecanisdl-

Thank you for the great review. Our staff works very hard and, as you noticed, takes great care of our guests to ensure that everything is kept nice and everyone enjoys their stay. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 June 2015

very nice and helpful front desk clerk (woman). when we arrived this past saturday, may 30th - we had come to find that the room we had booked and paid for was NOT handicap accessible like the gentleman had told me over the phone on both days i had called prior to making my reservation and booking my room. no handicap access meant there was a big lip at the hotel doors of 5 inches or more. the front desk lady was very helpful in switching our hotel deposit/reservation to the Sahara (which is a sister hotel of the Empress). everyone at both hotels was very nice and helpful with this matter. i recommend the Empress for their courteous staff (woman clerk) and for how nice the new renovations look from the outside. the handicap ramp to the pool area is nice but that doesn't mean that the whole complex is wheelchair accessible. i guess i should specify more when saying handicap access with wheelchair access because if you have a power wheelchair, there is no way a person can get up over the lip at the doors in the rooms.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family