“Our stay was great; we recommend this hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Beach Plaza Hotel

Beach Plaza Hotel
Ranked #37 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Long Island, NY
“Our stay was great; we recommend this hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

We just got back Sunday 9/2/12; stayed 4 nights. Before going, we read some of the reviews and were initially worried, but our stay was nothing like the bad reviews; we loved it. We had two rooms, one in the hotel itself, one in the courtyard; will definitely stay here again. Great location; great Italian restaurant-Adolfo's; beautiful hotel lobby especially at night -- cocktail hour/piano; porch overlooking ocean. Our rooms were clean and nothing was amiss. Doug the manager was very helpful, and check-in staff were great as well; they provided wheel chair for my mother; very accommodating. We recommend this hotel.

2 Thank Susan H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Powhatan, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

We reserved 3 rooms back in March this year for the Labor Day Weekend! We stay here every year but this year was awful.
They lost the reservations for my Daughter and her family and they had to stay in our room for two of the three nights. Then at Checkout they said she had been a "No Show" so they gave it away.
She was in room for the first night but had to move out the next morning.
Worse part of all was the attitude of the staff on check out "no apologies" for the mix up as they said we were responsible for the mix up! Duh - not sure how we did it!

Planning to go some where else next year!

Room Tip: Rooms on ocean front are nice - you can hear the ocean!
2 Thank micks79

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

I'm NEVER one to complain, I normally just go with the flow. I also am never one to speak up either. When my boyfriend and I wanted to book a room, we booked this place because the price was moderate and everything else was booked. When we called to make a reservation, they didn't ask us how old we were, and email address for the reservation to be sent to, how many people were staying, who's name was on the credit card, etc. upon arrival, an older lady at the front counter was HIGHLY unprofessional and rude! When asked for all of our Ids, she reportedly accused us of lying when making reservations. (were 19&20). No where does the website say an age restriction, nor did the lady booking it for us. She continuously told us "not to mess up," and had us all sign a contract that we wouldn't. At this point, I had felt extremely unwelcomed. All was well until we checked out. May I add the toilet did NOT work. She also continued to tell me that my credit card was on file for damages. Were straight A students. SO ready to leave, we're checking out only to find out there was a balance that hadn't been paid. We paid everything off when we got there. The older lady who checked us in charged us $60 for the extra two people we had with us. Never did they ask on the phone how many people were staying, it was like they were trying to get us right off the phone. We booked a double bed room, for 4 people. Like I said, I'm never one to say anything, but I was beyond upset, and felt extremely disrespected! I will NEVER stay here again!!! And one last thing, they welcome high school graduating seniors. We are now in our second years of college, how does that make sense?!

• Stayed September 2012
Doug H, Manager at Beach Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
Ashley-
Thank you for reporting your concerns while staying at the Beach Plaza. Since the time you submitted your review I have spoken with Matt and he relayed the same concerns to me and I have credited the $60 charge back to your credit card. The front desk staff has been reminded that when taking reservations to ask for the number of people in the room as our rates are for 2 adults and there is an extra charge for additional guests over the age of 16.
Again, Ashley, thank you for sharing your concerns.
Warminster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

From Cheri in reservations,to Doug the general manager,to Jane and Debbie at the front desk,I have never had a more pleasant experience in a hotel in my life! In a day and age where customer service seems to have disappeared,these people have renewed my faith that there are places that still care about their guests.I was overwhelmed by their kindness and dedication to making sure we had the most enjoyable stay possible.It was a true vacation in every sense of the word! I will gladly stay here again and again!

Room Tip: All the rooms are clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Doug H, General Manager at Beach Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, 4 September 2012
The entire staff at the Beach Plaza thanks you for your kind comments. It is extremely rewarding to know that our efforts are appreciated. We will continue to treat each guest as if they were staying with us in our homes.
We are looking forward to your next visit and repeating the same experience.
PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

This is the second year in a row that we stayed here. It is right on the board walk, but not in the heart of all the hustle and bustle. We LOVE sitting on the rockers at night with a cocktail. The ice cream shop below is perfect also. The rooms are a little dated, but always clean. The front desk ladies are ALWAYS smiling and happy!!! They are definitely an asset to the stay! For the money this is a great hotel. We will be staying here again next year!!!