USD 138
USD 383
USD 232
USD 220
ComfortSuites
The Admiral Motel(Ocean City)
USD 183
USD 156
Atlantic House Bed and Breakfast(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
USD 181
Americana Hotel(Ocean City)
USD 176
Francis Scott Key Family Resort(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
USD 278
USD 770
USD 669
Hilton.com
USD 541
USD 441
Priceline
All reviewsdiving boardwaverly castlecoconuts bar and grillthe cottagesbeach servicebreakfast buffetbeach barocean frontgreat happy hourlive entertainmenthuge poolfirst floorceiling fanfull kitchenconvention centeroff seasoncoffee maker
Reviewed 1 February 2018

This is the first time I have stayed at this hotel and feel the need to share my wonderful experience. In short, this facility "has it all". I was very impressed to say the least. The rooms are spotless, the staff is exceptionally helpful, the restaurant food is wonderful. Prices are affordable, there is plenty of onsite parking, the hotel is very family friendly. The very clean beach is right next to the hotel, and, they have a huge pool. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone looking for a nice place to stay in OCMD.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SandyWagnerHowell
castleadmin, Manager at Castle in the Sand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Thank you for such a great review! We strive to make every guest happy and enjoy their time in Ocean City. It means a lot to us to hear about your great vacation and we hope to see you again in 2018!

Reviewed 18 January 2018

We stayed in the Waverly building on the 3rd floor. The room smelled a little musty and the bathroom had mold on the shower curtain and ceiling tile. When we called the front desk to tell them that the ice machine on our floor didn't work the person we talked to didn't understand what the problem was and then told us that we could come by the main office and get a 5lb bag of ice from them. We only wanted a bucket full not 5lbs!! ABSOLUTELY NO CELL PHONE/INTERNET SERVICE IN THE ROOM AT ALL!

The bar is great and the location next to beach is fantastic but the overall accommodations are in DESPERATE need of a overhaul.We went with a group of friends and their family who experienced the same issues.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. Every year we renovate a large section of our property to continue to improve our rooms. Please feel free to call us directly next time you are in town so that we can direct you to our newly renovated rooms. That way you can have a very modern stay and still enjoy all of our great amenities like free kids activities, the largest pool in town, live music every day, a 2 for 1 happy hour and the only restaurant the serves food and drink on the beach just to name a few!

Reviewed 20 November 2017

Recently stayed at this facility. I would like to share my experience with people considering booking at this property. If you do not wish to read further, I am rating this facility as HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Staff: A. Very friendly and helpful
Pricing: B+. Rates are very reasonable.
Location: A. (if you are not interested in the hustle-bustle of Boardwalk-area properties; C if you want to walk/jog to the Boardwalk.
Pool: Very clean. Well kept. Supposed t be the largest in Ocean City. Very Nice.
Parking: A. Parking is close to all of the rooms
On site Restaurant Food: B+. Food is exceptional. Outdoor seating risks some wind from the ocean at times.
Kid-Friendly: A. Varied programs for children
Pet Friendly: No. (There is a sister property a block away that is called the "Barefoot Mailman". It is a pet-friendly property.
Rooms: A. Very clean. The staff does a fine job.,
Entertainment: B+. Live bands at the outdoor restaurant
Adult Beverages: Allegedly famous for their "Tipsy Turtle" and the "Queen Anne Slam". Observed quite a few people purchasing these; obviously very good.
Local Shopping: B-. Outlets in Delaware are not close. Outlets in Ocean City are not far.
Other things withing Walking Distance: B. Miniature golf, other restaurants, local shopping.

All in all, this is a very nice place to book a vacation. Highly Recommended.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Ed W

Wow, what a professional review! You have hit on all our strengths and highlighted the reasons why our guests continue to return with their families year after year! We hope to see you again in 2018, don't forget to call us directly for the absolute best rate!

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Let me start by saying that we stayed in one of the cottages. I realize that it's off season, but yikes. We NEVER had anything done from housekeeping, and stayed 3 nights. No sweeping. No beds made. The kitchen washcloth and dish towel were not changed. The trash was never emptied. Outside, the cans weren't emptied either. I told one of the guys (blonde hair, big earring holes) when I called for towels that the one guest in our building is a fisherman and threw dead uncooked crabs. He didn't empty the can. It stunk and there were flies everywhere.

The bathroom leaves alot to be desired. It was extremely small. Last night, while using the bathroom, my husband felt a few drops of water from the room above drop on his head. Right before that, the toilet on the 2nd floor flushed. Nice, right? . The shower has no water pressure and no matter how long the water warms up, it's not warm. At all. The toilet seat has cracks on it. So do the walls in there. There is no fan in the bathroom. No vanity sink to put anything on. That was ridiculous. The faucet in the shower looks and feels like it's going to fall off. There wasn't a drain stopper of any sort in the tub.
The first day, someone brought new towels for us, and left them laying on the kitchen table, instead of hanging them. No beds, nothing else was done. Yesterday, absolutely nothing. I called on the crackling room phone and was put on hold because the girl answering the phone was answering multiple lines. Really? When the kid with big ear rings came, he brought me a massive pile of warm towels, none of which were folded. I asked about housekeeping. He said they did the room upstairs. Okay? Do they randomly selected what to clean?

The pool area was beautiful as well as the landscape lighting. I will give them that. However, the pool isn't heated, clearly.

The private beach is nice, although noone told us how you get private drink service there, so I can't comment on it. The WiFi was spotty in cottages.

When I was little, I always wanted to stay here. I can say that I've done it, and can take it off the list. I will never be back to this establishment. It left way too much to be desired, still at $150/night in the off season!!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelingToTheMoon
castleadmin, Manager at Castle in the Sand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

I am sorry to hear that you experience wasn't the one you were looking for, however I am unable to locate records of your issues with us. We certainly want all of our guests to enjoy their stay with us and if you were dissatisfied I would like to discuss your issues and track down which unit you may have stayed in. I have forwarded this to our department heads so that they can investigate the validity of your concerns. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

The good about this place is the location, price, views, staff and their outside bar. It is located on 37th street and the beach area is very nice. There were lots of waves in Sept so swimming in the ocean is difficult but good for surfing. The pool was cold so it doesn't appear to be heated but is huge. We had hot weather while we were there but the pool was still cold. We had an oceanfront room in the Waverley Castle with a balcony. You can view beautiful sunrises. These rooms seriously need to be updated and housekeeping is not great. Bathroom wasn't clean all while we were there and sand on the floor was not swept up. It also didn't appear that they vacuumed daily. When I am paying over $200 a night for a few of the nights I expect better housekeeping. The patio furniture on the balconies are terrible to sit in for any length of time. I'm used to staying in the Hiltons and Marriotts so I am used to newer updated rooms. These are completely different. When I first arrived there was a horrible smell in my room to the point where it was making me sick. They did send up a manager with some deodorizer that we used and after a few sprays of that it got better. Seemed like it was an odor from something that was cooked in one of the rooms. The whole floor smelled. We didn't have any problems with parking as others had said and it was pretty crowded. It was nice to have the bar there with live music daily. If the place gets updated and cleaner then I would probably stay again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your fair review. We renovate our rooms each year and are constantly improving our property. Please call us directly for your next vacation with us so that we can be sure your next vacation with us is exactly the way you want!