“Beautiful sunrises”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City
Ranked #12 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 7 October 2017

Despite the H20 'kids' being in OC-loud car event, this hotel was secure and pretty quiet. Comfortable bed and pillows; awaken by fantastic views of the sunrise-oceanfront with good size balcony having coffee etc.. I am down every year at this time for the Wine on the beach event-love being on the boardwalk; breakfast at 'our' Coral Reef restaurant -will miss the usual hostess I have as she is moving to Calif. sidebar-[bar- a little pricey and didn't know how to make Moscow mule-vodka and ginger beer w/ a little lime]; Perfect weather for Jacuzzi outside- and love the one inside as well. Everyone was pleasant~ concierge wise and appreciate the fresh fruit. easy check in and out answering any questions re: IHG rewards. Negatives; ice machine not working on our floor [11th] and found cotton ball underneath bed [vacuum thorough?] xtra pillow stained.

Room Tip: I like higher floors and was able to get it on this trip although I had to upgrade my IHG award for...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,038)

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Upon arrival noticed how run down place has become. First thing check the beds. Sheets were so worn I could see through them and they had a yellow tinge. Really wasn't happy about that but went ahead and decided what pillow I would use when I discovered a bug under the pillow. The bug was very small. At first I thought it was nothing until it started to crawl on my finger then I realized it must be a bed bug. It looked like one anyway. My husband tried to kill it and put it in a napkin so that we could take down to the front desk.

We explored the bed further only to find it was filthy dirty the mattress cover was dirty and there was nothing but hair and dirt and some sort of black specks all in the mattress then I knew I had to leave no matter what the bug was I wasn't staying.

Front desk girl Jen seem like it was no big deal she took it the napkin with the bug and proceeded to check us back out. She never offered another room or to check another Holiday Inn in the area. So we scrubbed our plans for the next day and headed home. 2 days later the Gen. Mgr. (Chris Beatty) called to tell me they rented the room and the whole floor out to a golf group on Sunday and that the exterminators were coming in a day and he would let me know the outcome. He informed me his employees determined that it wasn't a Bed Bug. And possibly maybe I carried it in and it just happened to go underneath the pillow after I showered. Also he said the Exterminators would let him know what type of bug it was. Either way I had a bug in the bed and the beds were filthy dirty. The Holiday Inn is certainly run down in recent years and it seems as though they are letting even what was once good about the chain; the beds, the sheets, and the comfort of knowing it was at least clean go as well!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Hi I6356GRkarenm,

Thank you for staying with us and for bringing your concern to our attention. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would like to address this with you further and have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Again, thank you for the feedback and our apologies for the shortcomings.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

The rooms and grounds were very clean. The suite we had was spacious with a kitchen and separate living area. The hotel was on the boardwalk and the beach. The children's pool was wonderful. The restaurant and bar was good. The 2 things I didn't like was the mattress on the sleeper sofa was too thin. The jacuzzi in the bathroom was nice but it was very hard to climb in and out of the shower. Overall we are definitely going back.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Sadly this place is slowly going down hill as well. We come to OC every year. As much as this place charges $300 for a September Saturday and $200 for Sunday . The hot tub by the pool was dirty. The staff at the pool were rude and barely there. The bath tub was not cleaned well. Kitchen was falling apart. The bed was so bad you could feel the metal springs as you tried to sleep. The restaurant has nothing gluten free.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Emdemetri
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Hi Emdemetri,

Thank you for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. I was concerned to see that you were not impressed with our property particularly with our breakfast selections, room conditions, and the cleanliness of the pool facilities. We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a great experience. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you during your stay. Rest assured, your comments will be shared with our management team for the purpose of bringing the improvements needed.

We value you as our guest and hope we can welcome you back and provide you with a better experience in the future.

Kind Regards,

Christian C.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 19 September 2017

Fantastic view of the Atlantic very nice suite had every thing we needed. great stop on our way to VA. Next time we would like to stay longer The beach & pool area was very spacious and clean.Near shops, and restaurants .

Stayed: September 2017