1,088 results
All reviews living room full kitchen jacuzzi tub southern view indoor pool coral reef restaurant kids eat free off season washers and dryers fresh fruit corner suite dvd player nice size front desk staff sleeper sofa shower head private balcony
Reviewed 7 September 2017

I was delighted to get a beautiful unexpected upgrade with an oceanfront view and Jacuzzi in the room on my four day vacation. The staff throughout the hotel were friendly and efficient. We liked that the suite had a tile floor which avoided any carpet mildew that often occurs in beach hotels. The separate pool for the kids with their own waterpark allows adults to have plenty of room in a large beachside pool. The three shower heads were delightful in the large shower stall. We had a delicious dinner in the beautifully decorated Hemingway themed dining room. I am looking forward to going back for another vacation.

Room Tip: The corner suite was quiet and had a view of the Ocean and the Bay.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2017

The recent reviews from others also capture the general impression we had of this resort. Would we go here again? A "maybe" at best.

Pros:
Large rooms with kitchen
Very close to the beach. Walking distance to Starbucks, NIck's Mini Golf. Closer to the main boardwalk area (7th St and below)
Two pretty good outdoor pools.
Restaurant inside where kids eat free if parents eat inside and food is pretty good
Laundry facilities on each floor and they are free

Cons:
Decor is dated and "dirty". Ceiling have spots, discoloration on cushions, appliances, cracks on furniture and doors, etc
Housekeeping isn't very good. Floors are never cleaned. They definitely do not vacuum floors.
The front desk staff is friendly but not exceptional.

Things wrong:
Indoor pool was NASTY. Cloudy. They never did anything about it or close it.
Room: 1 broken phone, broken safe.
Towels. ALWAYS running out which is not reall acceptable. Tips. Get the towels early in the morning, even if you are aren't swimming. Or at end of the day, trade in for new towels and take back to your room. So next morning, you are set. We've never been to a hotel that always ran out of towels.

Room tip: Oceanside rooms. 1) great views of the beach and Pool. 2) plenty of morning sun to dry out clothes

My sister has been to Ocean City a couple of times and has stayed at both the Hilton and the Holiday Inn. If you want a hotel that has large rooms, kitchen, pretty decent outdoor pools, there aren't many options. Hilton wasn't any better, she said.

The Pros are pretty good ones but the dirtiness of it still bothers us.

Room Tip: Oceanside rooms. 1) great views of the beach and Pool. 2) plenty of morning sun to dry out clothes
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank gnasty71
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Hi gnasty71!

Thanks for choosing to stay with us and going out of your way to share your thoughts. We're proud of your commendation for our spacious rooms, prime location, outdoor pools, and onsite restaurant. I'm very sorry though that there were issues with cleanliness and housekeeping.

Everybody here wants each of our guests to leave with pleasant memories. I'd like to assure you that we pay careful attention to your feedback, taking immediate steps to correct any deficiencies. I shared this to our maintenance and housekeeping teams so they can start working on the issues you've raised.

Again, thanks for your comments, and I hope we have the opportunity to show you an experience that aligns with the many 5-star reviews we receive every week.

Many thanks,

Gian M

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

This is my second time staying at the Holiday Inn on the Boardwalk, and you can't beat the location. However, for the price the rooms could use some updates. There is a living room, full kitchen and bedroom in the rooms. The bathroom is nice, but the tub stands about 2 ft tall; so, be sure to request a handicap room if you have anyone who may have a hard time getting into the tub. Also, the shower head is a rainfall shower head that does not work great. We had two rooms and both shower heads were not good. The staff is friendly.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank leolszewski
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Hi leolszewski,

I appreciate you sharing your review and for staying with us. I am happy that you were impressed with the hospitality shown by our hotel staff and elated to read you found our location to be perfect for your travel needs. Our goal is to provide hospitable responsive service, however, I apologize we fell short during your visit due. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused by the bathroom facility and dismay you had towards the room rates. I took the liberty to forward your comments to the upper management and maintenance team. Our hotel will definitely improve on these aspects so we don't disappoint you should you ever visit us again.

We would love to have you again as our guest once more and provide you with the service excellence you deserve. Again, thank you for sharing your honest feedback.

Regards,

Zel N.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

we thought this was a family friendly non smoking facility. Someone a few rooms over from us decided to smoke marijuana on the balcony and even though we complained 2 times, we were told others were also complaining, no one wanted to address the situation. I even tried to show the girl at the front desk where it was coming from but she was more interested in whatever she was looking at on her cell phone. The manager even walked away when he heard me complaining for the 2nd time. He never even tried to talk to me to try to help. We were the only other people on a balcony at the time and they were the only ones smoking. It was VERY obvious it was them and nothing was done. We will NEVER stay here again. The night staff was horrible from the first night to the last. Day time staff was wonderful. We spent over $1800 and it was NOT worth it.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Hello cjsmommy2013,

Thank you for leaving a review and highlighting that our morning staff was excellent! Our entire team is very eager to hear feedback and your comments will help us tie loose ends. I'm sorry to learn that you found the assistance from some of our staff lacking. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention so that necessary action can be taken internally. Please be assured that the management team will utilize your feedback to prevent similar incidents from happening.

While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be. We look forward to having you back!

Regards,

Anna B

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

At the end of July, we visited this hotel. The positives: on the boardwalk, food service was great and front desk staff were very nice. The negatives: cleanliness (0/10)was horrible! Hair in the shower, floors were not clean,garbage on the balcony, sprinkler were old and rusty and more. Updates are needed!! I brought Lysol from CVS and clean it myself. Not worth the money nor IHG points.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Apaka45,

Thank you for sharing your impressions of your recent stay with us and for being an IHG Rewards Club member.

I am very happy that our food service and our front desk met your expectations. We strive to provide the best possible service as well as experience and it is always great to hear from our valued guests on how we are doing. I also take note regarding your comment about the cleanliness of our room, we will use your comments to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future. I apologize if this might have caused you inconvenience.

Once again thank you for choosing to stay with us.

We would be delighted if you visit us again in the future.

Best Regards,