1,094 results
All reviews living room full kitchen southern view jacuzzi tub indoor pool coral reef restaurant kids eat free off season washers and dryers fresh fruit dvd player corner suite large bathroom nice size per night pots and pans sleeper sofa
Reviewed 13 February 2015

The suite begins with a large living room, leading through a galley kitchen, past the bathroom toward the bedroom and the balcony with an expansive view of the Atlantic Ocean stretching for miles. The view is spectacular, great for whale watching, ship spotting and sea gazing. The spacious balcony allows the sound of the crashing surf to enter the room. The secret to watching the sunrise is to lay with your head at the opposite end of the bed - stunning.

The room affords ample seating and the bed was amazing comfortable with a large supply of pillows. However, the decor could use some refreshing. Climate controls were precise. The room was very quiet, however this is during the off season and few guests.

The bathroom is spacious, includes double sinks and a corner Jacuzzi tub with a rain shower head. There was an abundance of towels.

The hotel includes a restaurant/bar that looked inviting enough. Upon entering the overpowering smell of chlorine alone was enough to make you turn around and leave. A quick walk behind a partition revealed an indoor pool sharing the same room with the restaurant/bar. The color of the pool's water was a toxic looking thick milky green - no dip in that pool.

The boardwalk is directly below which would be great for people watching. A wide expanse of sand leading to the water was relatively vacant of beachgoers again adding to a very tranquil ambiance.

A special treat awaited when we returned to our room - maid service washed the dishes and ran the dishwasher while we were out. Nice touch.

Room tip: Higher rooms provide expansive ocean views, excellent surf sounds and minimal boardwalk noise
Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2015

Dear Baysidefun,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I am delighted with your positive comments regarding our hotel, especially about our room accommodations and housekeeping. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest.

Thank you once again for your valuable comment and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 12 February 2015 via mobile

The rooms are tired and in need of renovation and upgrades. The furniture is severely faded and out of date. The bedding is not plush and housekeeping never services our room despite request at the front desk.

The walls are thin and spending our anniversary weekend in a $200 a night corner suite while listening to the constant chatter of teenagers on retreat was exhausting.

Get it together Holiday Inn you used to be a great place to stay. The pool and views can't be beat...but management and decor need a reboot.

Date of stay: February 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank Tlaquay
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ocean City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2015

Dear Tlaquay,

I appreciate you taking the time to comment about your recent stay at our hotel. Providing excellent service and comfortable stay are some of the things we pride ourselves in and it is regrettable if the condition of the hotel's facilities and amenities fell below your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible. I have forwarded your comment to the hotel management for review and be a basis for future upgrade.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope we get the opportunity to show you some of our improvements on your next trip.

Divina P.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 20 January 2015 via mobile

We stay at this hotel with family every January for 4 nights. New front desk help went above and beyond (Natalie). Offered upgraded rooms, extremely nice about some heating issues, etc. No hotel goes without problems but it is how they are handled that separates facilities. PRO'S: Attentive - friendly staff, upgraded rooms, very clean, indoor pool (warm), convenient restaurant, all suites, fast elevators, warm interiors. CON'S: restaurant seems to have combined previous two restaurant menu's and pricing is quite high, housekeeping not attentive to replenishing all items, rooms under equipped (1 coffee cup upon check in). Basically VERY minor issues.
Overall another great stay, will be booking soon for 2016. Would recommend definitely for a reasonable winter escape.

Date of stay: January 2015
1  Thank 2parks13
Reviewed 16 January 2015

Family vacations to this hotel for years now since i was a child,Its nice that they have two pools one for children the other for adults. the staff is nice and welcoming.The rooms are roomy and the views you get are amazing. The only down side of things is the town that its becoming now over the past years its become more of a party town then a family vacation spot to visit you could sit on your balcony at night and watch people fight on the boardwalks and drunk kids getting arrested

Room tip: you cant hear any noise inside your room
Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Andrew L
Reviewed 15 January 2015

I had a two-night say from 12/5/14 - 12/7/14 and enjoyed the hotel. This was my first time staying at the Holiday Inn on the boardwalk. It was reasonably priced (although on the high-end) for an ocean front room. In-season rates are way to pricey for me, so I figured I would give this place a try when rates were lower. Overall, the hotel is really nice. It's clean, the staff were friendly, and it has some great amenities.

The restaurant (Heminway's) was really good and had a tropical/caribbean feel to it. The cream of crab soup was fantastic and I would go there again just for that. Their service, on the other hand, was not so great, average at best. It just struck me as sub-par, being off-season and not being very busy. The food took way too long to come out and we ran out of drinks multiple times and had to track down the waitress, which would seem easy, given the size of the place, but it wasn't.

The hotel itself is a bit dated and could use some tidying up but it was not that bad. I know I would not want to pay upwards of $500 a night in the middle of summer. I like the fact that rooms have a bedroom separate (with a door) of the living room, it's kind of like a small apartment. The Hilton and Princess Royale also have rooms like these as well. I'm sure others do but those are the only hotels that I've stayed at that are setup that way.

Would I stay here again? Absolutely! I enjoyed my stay and I would love to stay there in the summer but unfortunately, I'm too tight to splurge $500 a night for a room during summer.

Date of stay: December 2014