1,088 results
All reviews living room full kitchen jacuzzi tub southern view indoor pool coral reef restaurant kids eat free off season washers and dryers fresh fruit corner suite dvd player nice size front desk staff sleeper sofa shower head private balcony
Reviewed 20 January 2015 via mobile

We stay at this hotel with family every January for 4 nights. New front desk help went above and beyond (Natalie). Offered upgraded rooms, extremely nice about some heating issues, etc. No hotel goes without problems but it is how they are handled that separates facilities. PRO'S: Attentive - friendly staff, upgraded rooms, very clean, indoor pool (warm), convenient restaurant, all suites, fast elevators, warm interiors. CON'S: restaurant seems to have combined previous two restaurant menu's and pricing is quite high, housekeeping not attentive to replenishing all items, rooms under equipped (1 coffee cup upon check in). Basically VERY minor issues.
Overall another great stay, will be booking soon for 2016. Would recommend definitely for a reasonable winter escape.

Stayed: January 2015
1  Thank 2parks13
Reviewed 16 January 2015

Family vacations to this hotel for years now since i was a child,Its nice that they have two pools one for children the other for adults. the staff is nice and welcoming.The rooms are roomy and the views you get are amazing. The only down side of things is the town that its becoming now over the past years its become more of a party town then a family vacation spot to visit you could sit on your balcony at night and watch people fight on the boardwalks and drunk kids getting arrested

Room Tip: you cant hear any noise inside your room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Andrew L
Reviewed 15 January 2015

I had a two-night say from 12/5/14 - 12/7/14 and enjoyed the hotel. This was my first time staying at the Holiday Inn on the boardwalk. It was reasonably priced (although on the high-end) for an ocean front room. In-season rates are way to pricey for me, so I figured I would give this place a try when rates were lower. Overall, the hotel is really nice. It's clean, the staff were friendly, and it has some great amenities.

The restaurant (Heminway's) was really good and had a tropical/caribbean feel to it. The cream of crab soup was fantastic and I would go there again just for that. Their service, on the other hand, was not so great, average at best. It just struck me as sub-par, being off-season and not being very busy. The food took way too long to come out and we ran out of drinks multiple times and had to track down the waitress, which would seem easy, given the size of the place, but it wasn't.

The hotel itself is a bit dated and could use some tidying up but it was not that bad. I know I would not want to pay upwards of $500 a night in the middle of summer. I like the fact that rooms have a bedroom separate (with a door) of the living room, it's kind of like a small apartment. The Hilton and Princess Royale also have rooms like these as well. I'm sure others do but those are the only hotels that I've stayed at that are setup that way.

Would I stay here again? Absolutely! I enjoyed my stay and I would love to stay there in the summer but unfortunately, I'm too tight to splurge $500 a night for a room during summer.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank OCMike80
Reviewed 11 January 2015 via mobile

I would like to sincerely thank the entire staff at this Holiday Inn&Suites . Especially Joe D., Brian S, Zach,Robert,Kelly and Chris.I brought my wife to the hotel for her birthday. We stayed in a beautiful suite. I could not get away to pick up some party supplies, but had no fear the Concierge , Joe D decorated our room to perfection! He also set up a reservation at a fabulous restaurant. My wife loved it and our youg daughter was tickled. We are IHG Gold members and were thanked and welcomed as such. We plan on moving to the area and I look forward to staying at the hotel within the next month to look for places. Thank you very much to all of you! Oh by the way did I mention the hotel is on the boardwalk !

• Stayed: January 2015
3  Thank Gary C
Reviewed 3 January 2015 via mobile

This was a very nice place to stay. We stayed here for a few days for new years!. The room was nice and clean and had plenty of space. The front desk staff was very nice. They went out of their way to make it nice. They even moved their car when they knew there was no handicapped space left. The restaurant was okay. First night was good. Had a great server. We did make reservations for new years. This was suggested but when we got there they said they could not find it. And they also said it was still a wait. The bar tender and waitresse went out their way to fix it. They do a pretty good job for lunch/dinner if you have a dairy allergies. Breakfast not so much. The only real bad part of our stay. If you have trouble getting in and out of a bathtub they are hard . I am sure they have handicapped bathrooms. I would stay here again . The front desk was very nice.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family