“A good time”

Ranked #35 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
washington
“A good time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

Not a fan of ocean city, but this hotel is a good place for sure during the winter, when the pool & ice skating are the attraction! The rooms are decent and the price couldn't be beat!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Audrey R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
Frederick, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

Although my family stayed a couple years ago, I'm not sure it has changed. The rooms are ok, but some of them are by a stinky dumpster, and NO ONE wants to smell that! The "restaurants" are probably better suited for a mall down in frederick. Although the prices might be good and it's right on the beach, it's not a place you would want to stay at.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Bea1234567
carouselresort, Manager at Carousel Resort Hotel & Condominiums, responded to this review, 24 January 2012
Were sorry to hear your experience was less than pleasant. If you had let the front desk know your dissatisfaction with your room location we could have worked on moving you into something more comfortable. The dumpsters are in fact across the street and we do apologize, but we thought you would have enjoyed the ocean view which you wouldn't have had in other non oceanfront rooms. We hope your next visit to Ocean City exceeds all expectations.

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Succasunna, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2012

I have going to the Carousel 40 years (except for a few years before the current mangement
took over). Once they took the helm they put the ship on the right tack. Slowly but surely
they have improved the hotel with large flat screen tv,new granit vanities in both the bathrooms
and the kitchenetts . They have put in place a great staff from the front desk,house keeping,maintance,food service and all that you don't see . The impossible just takes a little
longer for this staff .
The reason I am giving this reveiw is that I see the one dot reviews . They do not realize
that the condos are privately owned and maintained or the come when all of O.C. is extreamly
busy . If the went any where in O.C. the would wait on line,wait for a table,wait for food which
may not be perfect.
If I live 10 more years I'll bring my great grand kids. They will ride the elevator pushing all the
buttons and I'll get a call from Patrick or Glenn that security has them in tow . (yes the hotel
has great security) . They will be scared I'll punish them for 5 minutes and then off to the
pool,ice skating,snack bistro,play ground or beach .
The Carousel is about fun at a affordable price .

Room Tip: ocean front 3 or 4 th floor south side
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank marc s
carouselresort, Manager at Carousel Resort Hotel & Condominiums, responded to this review, 23 January 2012
Thanks for the great review! We too hate to see the "one dot reviews", we work very hard to make sure our guest experience is the best it can be and its a shame when bad reviews can discredit our good reputation. Carousel has gone under new ownership as of a decade ago and it has come leaps and bounds from the time when new ownership took it over. We are always improving and cant wait to show off all the great renovations in 2012!

Stay healthy and bring the great grand kids along! Although Carousel has great security, it is very rarely needed. Bring the great grand kids along and keep our security staff on their toes!

PS: Great tip, we love those rooms too!
Marcus Hook, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

My family and I absolutely love staying at the Carousel in OC! This hotel has everything you could possibly want or need right at your finger tips! We have stayed in both the condos and the ocean front rooms and have yet to be disappointed with either. The kids love it and ask to go again as soon as we leave. This hotel offers indoor and out door pools, saunas, hot tub, on site resturants, snack bars, gift shop, game room, fitness room, hotel bar and best of all its own indoor ice rink!
My family is like the Brady Bunch supersized...there are 8 kids and finding something for everyone is sometimes quite a task, not here! Everyone is happy, occupied and has something to do! It's great for mom and dad get aways too!!!!
I have never once in all my years visiting this hotel had a problem with staff, cleanliness, or quality. Top of the line here kids and always priced reasonably!

Room Tip: always go with ocean front or condo, if you are going to be at the beach you might as well have full...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank justnette
Thank you so much for the stellar review! We pride ourselves on being a great Oceanfront Resort. Every year we add new features to the hotel and amenities. We are constantly working to make your vacation special and it means a lot when we are recognized for that! We cant wait to see you on your next Ocean City family vacation!

PS: Great Tip! Many of our Oceanfront condos are owned by separate entities and can vary in price, style and class, but if you book through our website you will absolutely get the best value!
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

I love staying at the Carousel in Ocean CIty. It is my hotel of choice when I visit the Ocean. My sister lives in OC so I visit several times a year. Everyone at the hotel is so friendly and helpful. The place itself is clean, appealing and has activities for all ages. There is so much to do at the hotel, you don't even need to leave. My husband loves the fitness center and I love the indoor pool. My sister visits us at the hotel and we sit around watching the people skate around the indoor rink as we chat. The rooms are comfortable and I love the coffee maker in the room. I love to go out on the balcony with a cup of coffee and I don't even have to leave to get the coffee. I highly recommend the Carousel Resort hotel. If you have kids, there is plenty to keep them busy without going out and spending more money!

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms are nice and peaceful but the rooms overlooking the Ice Rink are fun also. You ha...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nancy B
carouselresort, Manager at Carousel Resort Hotel & Condominiums, responded to this review, 5 January 2012
Nancy, thank you so much for your lovely review! We are so glad you could join us for the holidays and all we had to offer. You will notice a few exciting changes around the hotel next time you show up! If you book through our website you can receive some free skating passes under the "vacation extras" page. Just a little something extra to make your stay more pleasant :)