“Really made me angry”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Really made me angry”
Reviewed 28 August 2011

I took my family here because it looked fun for my boys. Before you get on they warn you of getting wet. Which is fine, we expected it. But I have boys ages 6,3,and 1. For the 6 year old it was great, he loved it. THey give kids and adults tattoos on your arm and face. They give the kids an eye patch and treasure, that the won from a water battle. And you do get SOAKED. But for my 3 and 1 year old it was terrible. There is a little area where you can keep clear of your LO's getting squirted in the face. Or so another mother and I thought. We stood here and it was as if the guy on the small boat purposely squirted my 2 small ones in the face for the entire thing. My kids and the other little boys screamed the whole time. THe guy then came behind the boat and purposely squirted all the kids in the face with salt water. Obviously the guy doing the squirting was not a father. I understand being wet, but if we have very small children and are literally hiding in the corner with them, there is a common sense not to squirt the ones screaming from it. I will def. not be taking my smaller ones o this again. I had a terrible time because of it. But for older ones, it is great. It is costly though. $19 for adults, my 6 year old was also $19 and the 3 year old was $9.

6 Thank lylmamas3

Winchester, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great for the children!!!”
Reviewed 27 August 2011

This was a great experience for our two boys! The pirates on the ship were really great with all the kids, and made it really fun for them. They got to hunt for treasure and fought off a pirate! Our youngest got to enjoy the ride and they even included him by giving him a "tattoo" like all proper pirates should have (of course they gave mustaches and beards to everyone including the adults as well!) I would recommend to make a reservation ahead of time.. We had to wait for the next ship... We will be back!

2 Thank Windra1
Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“save your money”
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Took grandkids our for a Pirate Ship ride. I had checked the reviews before we went and it sounded fun. We get in line..and it is 19.00 pp...kids over 4 too... lot of $ but i figured would be a blast.. Kids were bored for the first 30 minutes... then once the water gun fight started they had fun.. They drew, cheap mustaches and tatoos on everyone...could have been better and gave out eye patches,,which lasted about as long as the excursion...and at end gave each kid a handful of cheap treasures... Then upon exiting..they have out a TIP jar. and asked for tips.. because the pirates only make minimum wage..Well after paying $130 for one hour of fun...they got no tip from me. Was ok,,but wont do it again...at least at Frontier town,,,you get a few hours for your money...

1 Thank val s
Philadelphia, PA
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“So much fun! Prepared to be wet!”
Reviewed 4 August 2011

The week we were in Oc, MD the heat wave was going on - felt like 100+ every day. It was hard to to anything because it was so hot!! We decided to take the early tour (11am) - there was 4 of us, my husband, and 4 and 6 year old girls. There was only 3 other families on that tour, which turned out to be a good thing because there is only 1 small canopy for shade and all 13 of us could sit under to get away from the scorching heat. If the boat was full, it would have been a disaster only because it was so hot.

The pirates are great - really into their characters! We were warned that we would get wet, I just really didn't realize how wet - anyone planning on going should put their camcorder and camera in a ziploc bag. I had mine in my canvas tote, and it still got wet. There isn't any safe (dry) spot once the water cannon start. We are thankful for them - it really cooled us off. Before that I thought my kids and husband were going to pass out. They should really sell cold water on the boat for those people who didn't think of bringing it. Thankfully, we did.
The kids got a moustache "painted" on their face (more like a wax crayon) and an eyepatch. Actually, I'm a good sport and got one on my face too! =)
When the pirate who attacks the ship with the supersoaker gives up, he gives the pirates on our ship the treasure box. The kids can all take 1 handful of treasure to take home. It was a great time.
It was my girls first time on a boat and my 6 year old got a little quezy from the swaying of the boat. Just something to keep in mind.
Worth the $60! We also used coupons for $3 off from the Sunny Day guide. You need 1 coupon per person.
They take your picture before you get on the boat and you can buy it for a minimum of $7 when you exit the dock. "Minimum" meaning they want you to give more than $7 - they say it's for their college fund...$7+ still isn't bad, so we got the picture.

Visited July 2011
4 Thank Kathryn102
mountaintop
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Prepare to be sopping wet”
Reviewed 14 July 2011

The Duckaneer Pirate Ship is for those kids and parents who are planning on getting sopping, soaking, see-through-your-clothes kind of wet. Passengers are warned that they will be the victims of a super soaker. The college kid "pirates" are interested in soaking the most attractive members of the female adult crowd. (wonder why that is?) One mother was so wet that her purse was dripping water. I can only imagine what happened to her camera and video camera that was inside of it. My child was so upset with the 15 minute water attack that she was shivering begging for it to stop. (there is no hope of hiding) If your kids and you want a silly, water gun fight for your money, enjoy! If you want a little more tame adventure with more of a pirate theme and toddler friendly play, chose one of the other pirate adventures in Ocean City.

Visited July 2011