USD 262
Holiday Inn Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
USD 287
USD 243
HolidayInn.com
USD 109
Comfort Suites Ocean City(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
USD 199
USD 158
ComfortSuites
The Ambassador Inn(Ocean City)
USD 123
Castle in the Sand Hotel(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
USD 176
  • Pool
The Admiral Motel(Ocean City)
USD 156
  • Pool
Americana Hotel(Ocean City)
USD 109
Hotels.com
USD 628
USD 585
Hilton.com
All reviewsroom was cleanjolly rogersamusement parkplenty of hot waterquick walk to the beachheated poolfree coffee in the lobbyon site parkingmother's daythe air conditioningsenior weekmicrowaveboardwalkhousekeepingproscons
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

I have to say it was clean. But bare bones. No hair dryer, a few wire hangers. No tissues, etc. NOTHING extra or special in any way. Had to ask for clean wash cloths which they promptly brought up to the room. Very basic. If you are the type of traveler that just needs a room to sleep and shower this is the place for you. Did not use the pool but it was clean. No life guard. The best part is the proximity to the beach. A few steps and you're at the water.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
5  Thank josiea1973
Reviewed 23 June 2016

We arrived early around 10am on a Saturday morning and checked in with front desk. The staff was very friendly and allowed us to park in the parking lot until our room was ready. They took down our phone number and called us about an hour and a half before normal check-in time as that's when our room was ready. When we received our "room keys" they were exactly that. Keys. They still use the normal door lock style large bulky keys with an attached flat index style card that must be inserted into the wall to run the AC unit. I am glad I asked for two keys so we were able to keep the small window sized AC unit running during the day, otherwise it would be extremely stuffy as it was when we first entered our room. We had a top floor room, 3rd floor. When I walked into the room, I noticed the one lamp directly behind the TV was about to fall off of the wall mount and was only held on by 1 screw on the bottom. We were not able to use this lamp as we feared touching it would make it fall the rest of the way and be charged for it. The walls are literally paper thin and you can hear everyone walking by on the exterior walkway as well as all the road noise and pedestrians on the sidewalks. The place was a little odd as the people next to us had a mini camping grill and would grill their breakfast in the morning on the exterior common walk way as well as hang beach towels over the railings directly in front of our room. The day we checked in, we asked if they had a bathroom or changing room to use and they directed us to ones near a stairwell. As we proceeded to the bathroom, a group of younger teenagers were staying in a room directly across from where the bathrooms were and all of them were standing outside with their door open to their room, and a smell of marijuana was coming from the area. Also, people would sit on the exterior walk way below and smoke cigarettes, the front door to our room definitely was not air tight as we could smell smoke in our room whenever someone below us was smoking. On Sunday evening, someone in the parking lot was lighting off fireworks around 10pm. The bathroom was barely big enough for one person to stand in at a time, and had NO exhaust fan or hair dryer. When someone takes a shower the entire bathroom would be steamed over for a while as there are no air ventilation as the small AC unit sits outside the bathroom and no air flow enters. There also was no phone.The beds were so so, and the mattresses should have been replaced several years ago as one of them sloped the right side and could feel multiple broken springs in both of them. The sheets also had that "sticky" feel to them. This was a last minute get away for us and unfortunately this was the only place at a "cheaper" price that we could afford as all others were well in excess of $600 for the two nights we wanted to go. If you need a quick "fairly inexpensive" place to sleep, it is ok but I would not recommend this place for a family vacation. The parking lot is extremely tight with very limited parking. I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee and would have to do almost a 3pt turn to pull out of a parking space which I had backed into due to multiple larger trucks parked next to and across. I personally have no interest to return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor to avoid hearing noises above, below and next to you
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Zach Z
Reviewed 6 June 2016 via mobile

The place was out dated. No phone. No ice machine. No elevator. No regulator on the hot water tank... Hot/cold/ hot/ cold. Still give you bulky keys. There was an obnoxious biker gang there that found it necessary to raise hell all day and the better part of the night which the management said nothing about when I addressed this. We were so uncomfortable we left a day early.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Amy I
Reviewed 6 June 2016 via mobile

So where do I start.....well, as we pulled up we immediately noticed the presence of a "biker gang". Now, I have a lot of friends who ride, but this was a little uncomfortable. The smell of "reefer" was prevalent as soon as we walked up to go to our room, as well as there music. I don't have a problem with ppl that smoke dope, (i smoked my share in the 80's and 90's) but u can b a little discreet about it. As I'm carrying a large cooler to the room, one of the bikers refused to acknowledge me or respond to my hello. After I squeezed by him, and up the stairs to the room, as there is no elevator. We then made our second trip to the vehicle to get our suitcases, and the same dude refused to move again. Anyway, we then thought we would try the pool, and noticed half the bike gang already in there. Oh well. The kicker was the "burnout" one of them decided to do at 3 am!. As far as the room, shower sucks, hot cold hot cold.....still need to carry those old bulky keys, had to remove one from the large key chain so I could fit it in my wallet. Over all not a bad room, but I'll just stay at a chain next time. Outdated and I didn't feel real safe.....

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jim W
Reviewed 31 May 2016

We were looking for last minute accommodations in OC. Thunderbird was one of two properties with openings and I understood why the hard way. Talking about the property itself - it is a typical outdated motel. You need the room key in the wall to run electricity (AC and lights), dingy furniture and bedding, and very weak and slow wifi connection.

Similar to another reviewer; we were "evicted" from the property without warning for "noise complaints". The man at the front desk said he had warned us several times (he had not) and when we calmly tried to ask for an explanation be refused to talk to us and called the police to escort us off the property instead. What was crazy is when he came to knock on our door we were all in our pajamas and getting ready for bed. I don't think we were being absurdly loud and If we would have been warned, of course we would have adjusted our noise level. Management refused to refund us any money from our three night stay - even though we were only checked in for a total of 8 hours. I want to point out that just because it was a motel did not mean the rate was cheap! When the officer came, he apologized and said that this unfortunately happens a lot.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends