“Excellent service, relaxing stay, superior food”

Holiday Inn Ocean City
Ranked #27 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Norfolk, Virginia
“Excellent service, relaxing stay, superior food”
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I can not say how much we enjoyed our stay at this property. The rooms were spacious, clean and had great ocean views. We even had a room with a fireplace!!! A wonderful way to spend our anniversary. The restaurant, Reflections, is superior. The food, service and decor is top notch. You must have at least one meal there. Front desk was helpful, informative and kind. Try to get a room on the 8th floor!!!!!
As an added bonus, the rooms have kitchenettes, a must for family trips!!!!

Eat at crab bags, get there early, there is always a wait. Happy Jack's was excellent for breakfast.

2 Thank krward4

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Crofton, Maryland
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Checked in for a 3 day getaway. I was told we would be upgraded upon check in since we were a member of the Priority Club. Once we checked in & found our room we had not been upgraded The fireplace that was in the room made such a racket we were unable to use it. The refrigerator compressor made a horrible racket each time it cut off & on. We also noticed holes in the wall by the bed & one of the electric sockets were hanging sideways & you could see behind it. My Husband dropped his keys on the floor beside the bed & could not help but notice a chip bag & one sock under the bed. The indoor pool was freezing & when we got in the hot tub and I took my hand out of the water I pulled up a handful or hair. GROSS !!!!! We have stayed here many years & I am sad to say we won't be going back. We could have stayed at several other places & now I wish we had.

Room Tip: Make sure you check under the bed for trash & listen for noise that can wake you in the middle o...
2 Thank julie B
Randallstown, MD
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I have been to this hotel at least fifteen times in the last thirteen years. I have enjoyed my stay everytime. I am one of the original Priority Club members from over 25 years ago. The hotel staff has always accomodated me with a 1st Class stay. I always request the same room and 85% of the time, I get it, or the front desk staff does it's best to get the room for me either before I arrive, or possibly during my stay. I think that the hotel is in a perfect location related to the highway coming in and its loacation on the beach and Coastal Highway. It seems to be central to everything. I think that it is the most reasonable hotel stay in OC. I believe the Holiday Inn Hotels in general are the most accomodating as far as straight forward hotel service. Can't wait to get back!!!!

3 Thank Warren L
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Nice hotel, pool good, nice workout room, food and service good.

• Stayed February 2012
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Out hotel stay was very nice overall. The hotel itself is somewhat dated and could use some remodeling. Although it's not so run down that you fear someone died in the room the night before you checked in. It's more of a '"Miami Vice" was still on the air the last time this room was decorated' kind of feel. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful throughout our stay. We had an 8th floor room that faced the ocean and it had a small but nice balcony. Waking up to the sunrise over the ocean and the sound of the waves hitting the beach was a great way to start the day. The two hot tubs in the pool area were a nice benefit as well.

Room Tip: The top floor facing the ocean was perfect for us.
1 Thank Brian K