All reviewsfull size refrigeratorocean blockdish towelsroom was cleancoffee potwould definitely stay here againmotelkitchenettemaidsboardwalkcotsinksilverwaredunes
Reviewed 3 August 2017

My family and I stayed at the Tides Motel(side building) for 3 nights. The location is great and we enjoyed the full size fridge along with the stove. Decent size table and a
coffee table too. Every staff person I encountered(front desk and housekeepers) were very pleasant. I did a thorough inspection of the beds to check for bed bugs and came across nothing that implied that there were any. Dislikes: As soon as we walked in, the room smelled of mildew. Black mold on the bathroom wall and underneath the air conditioner. Both double beds had no fitted sheet. It was just a regular sheet thrown on(not even long enough to be tucked in). Beds were VERY uncomfortable. No maid service in room. Being there for 3 nights, trash piled up. Wifi connection was slow. Microwave kept tripping(had to keep unplugging the cord and resetting the outlet button). No sink space to put anything. Overall you get what you pay for I guess. We will be spending more money next year to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights in July. Price was good and my room was clean. Yes, its an older motel and may appear dirty(its not)but its perfect if you just need to shower & sleep. I spend most of my time on the beach and dont need a fancy room. I was also impressed that the lady at the front desk knew my name when I walked in because I was the last check in for the evening. She was waiting for me, great service :)

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2017

BEWARE! Horrible Management! Disgusting rooms! My daughter and her friends stayed there last weekend. They charged my card for the first night over the phone but when they went to check in they said they needed the physical card which they did not have. It caused some issues for the girls but they managed to work it out, so they thought. At 2AM the manager decided to pound on their room door and demand they pay for their second night stay which they already thought they did but apparently the hotel employee made a mistake and blamed the girls. The manager was rude, mean, aggressive and intimidating to the teenage girls for no good reason. The girls all called us moms upset and scared and asking what to do. His behavior was totally uncalled for, the room was disgusting and we are hoping and praying the little bites on us are not bed bugs picked up from this seedy little fleabag motel! Do not go here.

Room Tip: Cheap, dirty and bad management
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 May 2017

we also stayed for the OC cruise, but came a day early and the hotel we were staying in for thurs-sat night wanted too much for a single night stay. we tried one other mom and pop motel but they could accommodate a family of 5. we pulled in to inquire about a single night here- and im glad we did!
you know the vibe you get the instant you walk into a motel or looking at homes to buy and you know right away if you want to take another step? this motel was a definite come in (and even walk in your bare feet kind of place)
to start the lady at the front desk was soo nice (due to traffic we didnt even check in until almost 10 pm) she was very informative and helpful not rude at all
and the most important thing CLEAN!
i dont think i have ever been in a motel that was cleaner. there were NO stains anywhere. the bathroom was clean , the sheets were clean, everything was spotless.
cleanliness is my one sticking point.
there was a full size refrigerator, a two burner electric range, full size sink and cabinets stocked with dishes, silverware, puts and skillets. i dint expect a full functioning kitchen. they only ask that you wash your plates (but provide dish soap and dish towels for that)
the beds were comfortable, but i dont think they were queen...full maybe?
the location was great. right in the middle of town and only a half block from the beach. you couldnt actually SEE the beach for the dunes, but you could smell it.
the bedspreads were a little...lets say tropical, and not even style, but hey, they fit in a beach motif i guess.
the ONLY complaint i have is the cot. we asked for one since we had 5 in our family. they brought one quickly, but i think it was straight out of the 70s. it was thin and flimsy. you could feel all the springs in it. we had to fold 2 blankets up and placed under it to try to make it soft to sleep on. but since I didnt have to sleep on it, i really didnt really think twice...
all in all... i will definitely stay here again and wont think twice. im sorry others didnt have the experience I did, but i slept well and had good dreams

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank atyrdmom
Reviewed 22 May 2017

This was a last minute trip to OC this past weekend for OC Cruisin. I have stayed here before, but will NEVER, NEVER come back again. We check in around 7:30, the receptionist in training couldn't find the reservation, no problem its all good, you in training. Called the Manager to assist, this was the worst mistake. The manager had no respect and was ssssooooooo disrespectful. Get up to the room and the AC is broken, and very hot in the room. It took 2 hrs before everything was situated. Then talked to the manager again because of the problem, and he didn't want to accommodate for the inconvenience. At the end of it the manager said "don't tell me how to run my business", "go get your keys" and GET OUT. Very HORRIBLE experience. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family