“This part of the trip was not planned...”

Fairfield Inn Laurel
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Laurel
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Long story short, ended up in Laurel, Maryland and picked the Fairfield Inn Laurel, based on the great feedback on Trip advisor.
NIce Lobby, spacious, clean, remodeled rooms.
Free Breakfast and Parking.
15-20 minutes from Capital Hill.
Great Value!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank anglina2016

Reviewed 26 July 2017

I checked in with my son and in my profile on Marriott Rewards it specifically says for room location - not near elevator or ice machine. So what do they do? They place us in the room next to the breakfast nook where people are hanging out and drinking/talking at night. I tried to switch rooms but guy at front desk says no other rooms with queen beds. Really!!! So give me two trims with king beds since you did not read my profile. Hotel not in best location so stay in another area or at least another hotel. Worst Marriott experience ever as a gold member. Never stay here and especially in room 105 whose wall is next to breakfast area. What a joke as walls are paper thin.

Room Tip: Choose different hotel. Do not stay in rooms 104, 105 or 106
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
CarolWilliams157, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Dear AZCMomof3,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us about your stay at the Fairfield Inn Laurel.

I'm terribly sorry we fail to accommodate you with a room that was not on the 1st floor. I do understand how frustrating it is to not get a good nights rest. Unfortunately we were sold out the night during your stay and had no other rooms available. If we had any rooms we would have been more than happy to move you to another location.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you need anything else! I would like to make this right!

Once again I'm sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. I do hope that we can regain your trust in the near future to better serve you!

Best Regards,

Carol Williams

Reviewed 9 July 2017

We were traveling on a school trip and stayed here for 3 nights. We pre-booked 3 rooms that could sleep 5 people. The booking did inform us that there were beds for 4, but that a rollaway could be put in the room.

When we arrived, I was told there was no rollaway available. What should I do, sleep on the floor? If a room for 5 people is advertised,(and that is what we are paying for) then why can you tell me at registration that there is no bed for the 5th person?

2 of the 5 rooms assigned to us were mouldy and we asked they be changed. They were changed, but as there was not another room for 5 people, we had to make do with a room for 4 people. Fortunately we managed to get a bed for everyone in the rooms offered..

The staff were very friendly and helped to create a nice almost-here. The building needs renovation inside.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
CarolWilliams157, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Dear Daniel M,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We definitely appreciate all feedback.

I do apologize that you and your group was not able to sleep comfortable due to the room not having enough bedding. I do understand how that could have been frustrating to you during your stay. Unfortunately due to safety precautions rollaway beds can not be placed in our standard rooms. Although we cannot give rollaway beds we do have air mattresses that are available. I will make sure to take a look at our website and make the necessary corrections.

Also thank you for the kind words about the staff. Although we were unable to accommodate your bedding situation, I'm glad we were able to make you feel welcome!

Once again I do apologize. I wish we could have made your stay better while you were here with us. I do hope that one day you will give us another try to better serve you and regain your trust.

Carol Williams

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Convenient and well maintained fairfield inn

I commend front desk agent ABEL, he was gracious, welcoming and efficient after our long drive and late evening arrival

The free breakfast was better than many resident inns. Limited but satisfying.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank atlanticav
Reviewed 1 May 2017

I was not disappointed with my booking in this hotel. Room was big and very clean. Towels, bed sheets are spotless white in color. Although I can hear guests voice in the corridor when guests pass through when they are talking, it was not much of an issue to me. The toiletries smells good with a lemon scent. They did not provide slippers. Dental kit was not among those that are laid out in the bathroom but when i requested, they gladly gave me. Breakfast was included in the rate and it was decent. I would reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple