“Very good”

Curry Leaf Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Curry Leaf Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 208 Restaurants in Laurel
Price range: USD 0 - USD 15
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Buffet, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: We specialize in South Indian Chettinaad, North Indian Mughalai, Indo-Chinese, Lahori Kabobs & Tandoori SpecialtiesWe offer a sumptuous daily lunch buffet!All our food is Halal | No Trans Fat !!We are now open!Come enjoy our fresh and healthy food.HistoryEstablished in 2013We opened our doors on May 2, 2013.Meet the Manager: Sam K.Saravan ("Sam") Krishnan comes from a long lineage of Chefs. His culinary passion was first nurtured in his native village near Madurai, nestled in South of India, where he learnt the importance of fresh traditional Indian herbs and spices. Exploring his passion further, he developed the creative talent that has become a trademark of his cuisine.Chef Sam displayed his culinary skills during a successful 15 year stint as Head Chef at Udupi Palace in Langley Park, Maryland. Since then, he has led the culinary staff at several successful restaurants.As the Head Chef of the Curry Leaf, Chef Sam takes great pride in staying true to the real origins of each regional dish, meticulously recreating the flavor and taste that one would associate only with traditional home cooked food. We bring to you authentic Indian Cuisine from the heartland of India and beyond, set in a warm and welcoming ambiance.Welcome to Curry Leaf and enjoy your meal!
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Excellent staff, very attentive and friendly. Generous portions of food, and a very good place for vegetarians.

Reviewed 29 November 2017

I've eaten here a few times now (A La Carte as well as buffet) and every time I have been extremely satisfied with the food preparations, but I haven't tried their desserts yet. The best part about the service is that they leave you alone to eat in peace and don't hover!

Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

They had good food at dinner, but watch out to order your dish with the appropriate level of spice (mild, medium, and hot). Their lunch buffet is also quite good. Servers were very polite and attentive without hovering.

1  Thank msdebra007
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Curry leaf serves an extensive lunch buffet with a good selection for someone that is a vegan. The food is good and reasonably priced.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

I have been to this place many times. As a matter of fact for 3 years approx now. Recently I visited on a monday night and i called ahead to make a reservation and they said not needed . The host reminded me that the restaurant closes at 930 pm BUT they will be closing at 9 pm that day . The moment I entered around 7.45 pm , it was like a rush rush rush . Our server came to our table 5 times in 3 minutes to take the whole order of apps , entrees and desserts . The attitude of the server was really bad ( VIK ) . Our check was close to $100.00 and the server took the wrong order of Naan and forgot to order butter Naan , instead we got regular Naan. In the end , the server did not even offer to pack the left over food to go .
I would return to this place but If I get the same server or service , I would might switch to - Take away - food only.
The prices of this restaurant is DC comparable and service is getting worse and worse. I am really sad to see a good indian restaurant deteriorating.
Would give a chance again.

1  Thank nanu p