“Spring break ”
Review of Mad Cow Grill

Mad Cow Grill
Ranked #43 of 208 Restaurants in Laurel
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Tried a new place for lunch today and what a treat. Great service and great food. Loved the fish tacos and the breaking bad burger was fantastic!

Reviewed 12 March 2018

We went there with the family this weekend and it was an okay experience. One of the owner's is the chef at Old Line Bistro, which is one of favorites and we wanted to try the new place. It was hit or miss in our first try here mostly around the server and a couple of food issues. The server told us that the jerk chicken was out of stock and so we were very disappointed, but the hostess let us know they had it and it was the jerk chicken wings that were out of stock. So we unfortunately ordered our food around the fact that the jerk chicken was out, when it really wasn't.

The food was hit or miss also, my daughter's burger was burnt on the outside (she did order it well done), but it was overly done. My wife's salad came out with no salad dressing on it and the chips were hit or miss some were chewy while others were crisp. The jerk shrimp wrap was very good as were the nachos once they had the missing jerk chicken added.

Back to the server, he was very nice, but just seemed a little over his head and took a long time to get our food and drinks. We were really hoping they were going to hit it out of the park, but they didn't. We will go back, but it was not as good as we hoped.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

So, you know when you’re scrolling through Yelp and you keep seeing the same restaurant pop up with 5 star reviews and mouth watering photos, so you bookmark it for a time when you’re in the area because you’re dying to try it? That’s Mad Cow Grill. Yelp did not steer me wrong.

My mom and I came here for lunch on a Wednesday a little after 11am. We were greeted and welcomed by Brian and he sat us immediately. There was only one other customer at a table and a few people at the bar. Brian asked if we dined there before. We told him it was our first time and he gave some recommendations. He was very polite and upbeat. Danielle, our server, came over to take our drink order. She talked to us for a bit and gave her recommendations. She gave us some time to look over the menu and we placed our order. While we were waiting, Danielle came by and told us about their jalapeño sauce and how addicting it was. She told us to try it with the chips, but said she puts it on everything. She said we’d be hooked. I was ready for that challenge.

My mom ordered the Family Guy Burger (American cheese, lettuce, tomato) w/ house made chips. I ordered the Shameless Burger (guacamole, fried egg, bleu cheese) w/ house made chips. The burgers were good. Really good! They were seasoned well. I ordered mine medium, and my mom’s was medium well. They both came out perfectly. My burger was so huge that I had to knife and fork it. No shame in my game! The bread and ingredients were fresh. The chips were great. I usually don’t like home made chips because 9 times out of 10 they’re either too greasy or not crispy enough or just overall bland. This was definitely not the case here. The chips were crunchy and salty - just how I like ‘em! Then I tried the jalapeño sauce. Oh boy. Danielle was right - that stuff is addicting! I drizzled it all over my chips and squeezed a nice healthy portion of it onto my plate to dip my burger in. To say we went a little crazy for it would be an understatement.

During our meal, one of the chefs/owner came out to ask how everything was. He was so polite and thanked us for coming in. Danielle checked in on us frequently. She even remembered to bring us more lemons for our water refills, which was appreciated. We could only eat half our burgers. We were so stuffed! Danielle came over with two tiny cups of hot chocolate. She explained that everyone gets a hot chocolate after their meal as a thank you for dining with them. How cute! The hot chocolate was damn good y’all. And you know something’s good when you have to cuss. It was rich, chocolatey, and had quite a bit of nutmeg. It was delicious.

We were given take home boxes and Danielle mentioned that they sell mason jars of their jalapeño sauce for $12. So, you know what we had to do, right? That stuff was coming home with us! As we packed up our food, Brian stopped by to ask about our meal. He mentioned that they have brunch on Sundays and gave us a menu to look it over. Danielle also mentioned their brunch and gave suggestions. We packed up our food and headed out the door Brian graciously held for us.

Parking is pretty ample since the restaurant is in a shopping center. The restaurant started to fill up once we left around 12:30. The food is made to order. You may wait a bit, but the food is worth it, in my humble opinion.

Danielle and Brian truly made our first experience so pleasant. Both were friendly and upbeat and always had a smile on their faces. Thank you! Great food and service means we’ll definitely be back. We’re already making a list of the people to bring with us the next time we go.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

The food here was really good. The crispy Brussels sprouts are delicious. Blue cheese dressing for the wings was really, really good. The moonshine BBQ wings themselves were ok, but probably not something I would get again. The beef in the burger was out of this world. A really great beef flavor! Rum cake at the end was tasty and not too sweet. The hot chocolate they give you at the end was one of the best hot chocolates I have ever had! Overall, the prices seemed a couple bucks too high for most menu items. The food was so good though, that we'll have to return to try more off the menu!

Been to Mad Cow Grill? Share your experiences!