“Tasty Tea”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

I've been for high tea and also for lunch. Both left me super full. So nice that they've got real food on the menu! Excellent cream of crab soup. Little antique/gift shop upstairs is nice, too.

Reviewed 2 August 2015

The one and main thing we can say about the Royal Tea Room is besides a large selections of tea is that the croissants are amazing. Also, there is a bit of light antiquing upstairs.

Reviewed 9 July 2015 via mobile

I came here for a Bridal Shower and everything was perfect! We were served 3 courses with complimenting teas in vintage mix-matched plates and tea cups! The crab bisque was amazing, as was the cucumber sandwiches! I will definitely return with my grown daughters!

Reviewed 8 June 2015

I took my wife here for her birthday...she'd always wanted to go. I expected a bit of a stereotypical tea party for little girls except for adults. Additionally, I've been inside enough homes built in the era this house was built in that I expected a certain "atmosphere" to the building. On both of these, the setting and the house / building was what I expected. What I did not expect, and was blown away by, was the food. I ordered a Monte Cristo (turkey, ham and cheese on French Toast). I've had MC's before, but this one was truly amazing. The French Toast was absolutely perfect; hot, just slightly crunchy, not at all gooey as they sometimes are. The turkey, ham and cheese were good quality, hot and sufficiently cheesy. Also, Christina was our waitress; she really did a great job serving us; she was attentive and quick and readily took care of our every request. I would definitely go again. Finally, kids will do fine here; it is a bit adult centered, but they do have mac and cheese and also chicken tenders and fries (also good quality food cooked well....and YES, you can get chicken tenders and fries wrong! The Tea Room did not.)

Reviewed 22 April 2015

I enjoy the Royal Tea Room every time I go. If you do not have a taste for tea, the experience might be lost on you. But if you do, RTR is wonderful. Choose your teacup, choose your tea, and enjoy it with traditional honey or sugar cubes. The service is friendly and the menu is interesting and yummy. I took my daughter for a "girls lunch" and since she was a bit young for tea; they brought her a kettle with water so that she could pour into her own teacup like a big girl. My only suggestion would be to add a kid-friendly item or two to the menu; perhaps a cute mini grilled cheese finger sandwich or something. The gift shop is really neat too.