“Celebrate the Tearoom in memory of my granddaughters mom yearly.”
Review of Royal Tea Room - CLOSED

Royal Tea Room
Price range: USD 15 - USD 30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 26 February 2015

My granddaughter and I started going here 7 yrs ago,for a toast of tea to her mommy. We lost her to breast cancer 8 years ago. We are treated with the utmost respect and service.

They have the best crab soup and sandwiches around. The chicken salad is delicious, along with the salads and desserts.

I recommend this very highly.

2  Thank Linda M

Reviewed 19 February 2015

I've been here many times and never been disappointed. Food is always fresh and good...sometimes exceptional. So nice to get away from chains for a truly local experience.

Reviewed 27 January 2015

I am in love with the tea room. I don't even like tea. The food, the staff, the atmosphere....its all amazing. It is worth every penny we spend there. Be warned- this is not fast food so if you are in a hurry, plan to come another day when you can fully enjoy the experience.

Reviewed 12 January 2015

My friend and I decided to do the Afternoon Tea Service at 12:30p This was a nice relaxing way to spend the afternoon and catch up on girl talk. We were given an extensive list of tea flavors and chose the Pumpkin Spice tea. I was a little disappointed that there was only a hint of pumpkin flavor. After adding honey to my tea, it was pretty good. We were given a choice of Beef vegetable soup or cream of crab soup. They were both very good, lots of crab in the cream of crab. Next, we were each given a scone (dry biscuit) with a trio of sauces: lemon, apple butter and a sweet white sauce. All three sauces were very good. Next cam a double tier platter with four different petite sandwich pieces for each of us on the bottom and four different petite desserts on top. Everything was delicious. We never felt rushed, our waitress was attentive. She advised us that we could change our tea at any given time. We switched to the peach tea and it was very good, really liked this one. The service was $22.99 a person and I say well worth it. The restaurant was crowded but I never felt cramped and we were able to have our conversation easily, never felt too loud. You can also order off the menu if you do not want to do the tea service. Menu consists of a variety of choices and good prices. After lunch, we browsed their antique store upstairs and I made a couple of purchases. We will definitely return and next time we will bring more friends. Very comfortable atmosphere.

Reviewed 5 January 2015

My wife took me here after church today for lunch and I was totally unprepared for the experience. While its not a guy place; it is an excellent date lunch place, so much more elegant and intimate than going to a chain place like Panera. Great place for a lunch date with your lady! I had the Reuben sandwich with a nice sized side salad...both were simply mouth watering. My wife had the most amazing salad with chicken, berries, feta, nuts, etc. We both chose the raspberry poppy seed dressing and were not disappointed. While waiting for our lunches, we nibbled on these white and dark chocolate scones which were served warm with a trio of spreads and we washed it down with a great pot of pineapple flavored green tea.
If you are ever inSouthern Maryland, please check it out!

1  Thank Chaz B