“Vandiver Wedding”
Review of Vandiver Inn

Vandiver Inn
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We had our wedding and reception at the Vandiver last weekend. The owners and wedding coordinator were more than accomodating. The wedding was wonderful and all of our overnight guests were treated like royalty. The wedding coordinator, Chasi, who works for the Vandiver was friendly, organized, and made our special day one to remember. The food and service were fantastic. Several of our guests had requested special menus and the staff met all of their needs. Each room had its own character and all of our out of town guests enjoyed their stay, as well as the breakfast the next morning. Overall, my wife and I could not have been happier with our wedding at the Vandiver Inn. I would recommend this venue to anyone who is planning a wedding or looking for a romantic weekend. Thank you to the owners and staff of the Vandiver for making our wedding the best ever!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 October 2011

We hosted my daughter's wedding and reception at the Vandiver Inn and everything about the event was outstanding. Host John provided superb facilities, staff, and service that took care of all our needs. The food was wonderful and praised by all the guests (including some very picky eaters!) I must single out Chassi the wedding planner for praise. She coordinated the whole event with unflappable poise, a smile, and an immediate solution for every potential snag. My daughter and her husband felt completely at ease in her capable hands. In addition to the event, the wedding party stayed overnight and all thoroughly enjoyed the charm, furnishings and comfort of the different rooms—as well as breakfast the next day. My wife and I enjoyed ourselves so much that we plan to return there for a weekend break, even without the excuse of a wedding.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Jim_Pp
Reviewed 26 September 2011

My wife and I had our wedding at Vandiver Inn, and could not have been happier with the service, coordination, and hospitality provided by the staff. Our wedding planner, Chasi, who works with Vandiver, was extremely personable and very organized. The owners, John and Susan, and supporting staff had the Inn looking so warm the day of our wedding and the food was incredible. Every room in the main building, and the two smaller buildings, have so much unique character. The guests will absolutely love the overall ambiance. No couple can go wrong having a wedding at such a beautiful venue!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2011

I was in a wedding at the Vandiver Inn the weekend of Hurricane Irene(August 2011). The entire wedding party was extremely nervous about the hurricane approaching and was hoping everything went as planned. The staff at the Vandiver were amazing! They made the bride & groom calm and were very flexible in all ways even if they wanted to make any last minute changes due to the weather. 15 people cancelled attending the wedding last minute due to the storm and the Vandiver were very understanding and even took off their plate cost due to the circumstances. (venues normally don't do things like that) this place has a family touch that made everyone feel at home. The rehearsal was top notch and the food was amazing! The owner is the chef and makes everything perfect! The owner came out and introduced himself and went over the menu and thank everyone for being there. The event coordinator was absolutely AMAZING. She made the day the most perfect it could be (even during 50mph winds). She had everything we needed throughout the weekend and was the most cheerful lady I have ever met. The bride and groom were just as pleased throughout the entire 2 days we were there. The B&B itself is just beautiful. All the rooms have there own special touch and the beds were the most comfortable I have ever slept on. The breakfast the morning after the wedding was amazing and we even chatted with the owners in the morning about the history the B&B had. Overall, I would recommend this venue or B&B to everyone. I go to B&B every year with my Fiancé and this was one of the best I have seen. Thanks Vandiver for making my best friends wedding the best ever!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, it just depends what size bed you would like.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Our wedding day was absolutely perfect. Even if the crisp memories fade after many many years the feeling that I had the whole day will stay strong. I have to thank The Vandiver Inn staff, especially Chasi, for that. Chasi was the most supportive coordinator I could have asked for. She was there every time I needed something, even when I didn't realize I needed something (like food and wine!), and yet non-intrusive and supportive. She even made an issue that could have been HUGE seem totally insignificant so that we could keep the beautiful day going.

I can't say enough about the Inn. It was just amazing to have my family all in one place before and after the wedding. Being able to walk right down to the restaurants and bars made everything so easy. The rooms are beautiful, comfortable and clean.

John and Susan were great throughout the few days, supportive and professional. Breakfast was good and the food at the rehearsal and dinner was great. The other staff were more than wonderful. Everyone was very nice and always lending a helping hand.

All of our guests had a blast and we couldn't have asked for more.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Red Roof Inn - Aberdeen
Red Roof Inn - Aberdeen
#6 of 16 in Aberdeen
15.6 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)
8.6 km away
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#7 of 16 in Aberdeen
1.3 km away
Super 8 Havre De Grace Aberdeen Area

Been to Vandiver Inn? Share your experiences!