“Lunch”
Review of Old Town

Old Town
Ranked #25 of 33 Restaurants in Hampstead
Reviewed 9 November 2016 via mobile

My wife and I have been here 2 times. Always had an outstanding meal and service was excellent and friendly. I would recommend this to anyone. Prices are great, hamburgers super and homemade potato chips. Give them a try.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Still dirty after sale. Food over cooked and fried. Just not up to date on decor or food. Live close but never eat there

1  Thank Tom W
Reviewed 26 July 2016

Nice ambiance with music and the décor, but the food leaves
you wondering 'What Happened'. Otherwise we would make it
a regular spot to visit

Reviewed 20 June 2016

Didn't know what to expect as this was 1st time here since name change. Went on a Sat. night and it was a little early at 6. Not crowded. I noticed they had crabs so decided to try a dozen large crabs for $60. Very reasonable. I must say, they were all very heavy and seasoned perfectly. Also, got ribs and fried chicken at our table. Everyone agreed they would return. Place gets more crowded later with band and outdoor deck. I hope it keeps up well!

Reviewed 3 June 2016 via mobile

we have been to Old Towne a few times by now, and the quality of the food has been so consistently good, I have to write review because a good interesting restaurant is next to non-existent in the lovely Carroll county MD, let alone in the middle of no where small rural town of hampstead. obviously I am not from here, nor do I enjoying spending time here .. I moved here from NYC area because of my husband. so I am not sure if you can appreciate how pleased I am about discovering a place like old towne. the menu is diverse (goes way beyond your typical bar food Americana), and I give kudos to the chef who seems to know how to cook everything from burgers to egg rolls to pasta to fish taco. I don't understand where the complaint about its price comes from. well, we just moved here a few years ago and never went to the place when it was owned by the previous owner. but having eaten all around the world and at places in westminster, I can only say that there is nothing wrong with their price ..(with required state minimal wage going up 40%, what do you expect? a restaurant owner has to make a living too!) and what impressed me most is that we have ordered many different things from our various visits, and with the exception of the first time where the hot wings were not spicy at all, every single dish was well prepared ... we love the burgers and Philly cheese stake sandwich, and this place actually puts real crab meat in their dishes as opposed to a ton of filling made of flour. fries were always hot, and my fish tacos were tasty. buffalo wings from last night were as hot as we requested. wait staff? most of them are very friendly, a couple could be a bit corky, but nothing was ever unpleasant. we used to go to Greenmount Station for a quick bite in spite of average to mediocre food there because there are few options around here. so needless to say I am relieved to have this in hampstead. I am not sure how useful this review on tripadvisor would be .. who would be traveling to hampstead? really? but as a foody who has traveled around the world, this place deserves two thumbs up as the new owner and the chef continue to strive to improve. I hope the local people would be open mined enough to support them!