“Used to be Deans”
Review of Old Town

Old Town
Ranked #26 of 33 Restaurants in Hampstead
Reviewed 29 April 2016 via mobile

I was at Deans several years ago, and have not been back until now that it's under a different name. The atmosphere is different and no cigarettes smoky smell. I ordered chicken wrap and fried green tomatoes, my husband ordered scallops with rice pilaf and salad. Our food came in about 15 minutes. My wrap was delicious and the fried green tomatoes yummy yum yum. My husbands scallops was good, but he wished it was more than five scallops, but I gave him my half of the chicken wrap, perfect. We would go back again and order a different item.

Reviewed 25 February 2016

We loved when the restaurant was Dean's and had high hopes but was quickly disappointed. The prices went way up and the quality of the meal and service went down. It took a really long time for our food to come out, which I don't understand why because there was only a handful of people there. My husband ordered a well done burger that came out almost still mooing. My food was cold. Not to mention they had TWD at the bar which I was facing and that is not something I want to see while I'm eating.

Reviewed 21 February 2016

The "medium" burger was well done and well burnt on one side. Fries were cold. The hand carved roast beef was tough and fatty. Steve Irvine would have a fit. Don't expect to ever go back. Restaurants need good food to get patronage. The do have a really nice lighted sign tho.

Reviewed 6 February 2016

We've tried this restaurant 3 times and keep hoping that the new owners find their groove. Our first visit, the menu was very limited, overpriced and one of our dinners was inedible. They served a Cajun chicken Alfredo. The black Cajun from the chicken was strewn throughout the white sauce so it came out looking grey and greasy. Our second trip was uneventful but we still felt it was overpriced. Our third visit will be our last. We were pleasantly surprised that the menu had been expanded and there were specials. We liked the prices too. However, they removed the high top tables in the bar area. We like having a bar atmosphere mainly because we !ike having a drink and we don't like dining with children. The restaurant now seats families in every area. We ordered our meal and after waiting some time, I decided to play keno. We were told the machine was broken (it was broken on our last visit too). After waiting more time, I caught our waitress as she went by and asked if I was supposed to go to a salad bar, since I hadn't received my salad and about 30 mins had passed. She told me that there was a problem with the salad. I had ordered oil and vinegar rather than dressing and they had no oil. I asked if they had a sugar free vinaigrette but they didn't, so I just accepted the vinegar. My salad finally came out and was immediately followed by dinner. I had ordered the rockfish. I think the menu said it was topped with salsa. I don't remember it saying Cajun or blackened. I asked when I ordered it if it was broiled and I was told yes.it came out very dark brown and appeared to be fried. I took a bite and quickly realized it wasn't fried, it was covered in Cajun spices. It was so hot it made my eyes water. After eating my salad and all the green beans on the plate my lips still burned. I asked the waitress if the menu read Cajun and she wasn't sure either. She must have spoken to the owner who came and gratiously offered to make me something else. I had eaten the vegetables and my husband had finished his meal, so I said no. When we received our check they did not charge us for the meal. I thought that was great since I didn't complain about the meal. But I'll need to hear from others that they've made a turn around before I go again. Two inedible meals is too much.