“Delicious Mexican food right in Hampstead!”
Review of LunaZul

LunaZul
Ranked #8 of 31 Restaurants in Hampstead
Reviewed 19 February 2018

We tried LunaZul for the first time one night last week for my son's 9th birthday. We went very early (5 p.m.) since it was also Valentine's Day. First we tried the Nachos which were DELICIOUS. The kids all ordered one of the specialty bottled Mexican sodas (Tamarind was a big hit). The kids all ordered Quesadillas which they enjoyed. I ordered off the Tapas page and had a chicken empanada and a fish taco. Both were yummy. My husband was very pleased with his choices as well. Our server was very attentive.
I told our server it was my son's birthday and he said he would bring him a free flan which I thought was very nice (there was no candle or singing though just FYI).
Once we were done eating, we seemed to wait quite awhile for the check which was odd since you could see people waiting for a table. We will definitely go back again.

1  Thank BloodHoundGang2012

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Hubby and I have been waiting for a Mexican restaurant to open close to home. Luna Zul has great food, the service was fast and friendly. Love the chips and salsa. I will definitely be back to try other meals. Both hubby and I enjoyed our choices.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Lunazul has a line at dinner before they even have a sign outside. We had the Mexican Sampler and the Mole Enchilliladas. The Asada de Puerco is amazing. My husband and I are already planning an evening here to have tapas with friends. It will take us several visits to try them all!

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Tio Pepe's this place is not! They offer an incredible range of Mexican dishes, from mild and tasty to spicy hot. From very inexpensive to mildly pricy. Less than a month in business, but they're already packing 'em in. No wonder.
They start you off with taco chips and a special salsa - dark, strong, unique flavor.
I had Chili en Nogada ($7). As described on the menu, a mildly hot Poblano pepper stuffed with ground beef, pineapples, peach, raisins, nuts, and tomatoes, all topped with a cream cheese based sauce, garnished with pomegranate seeds. To die for, it was absolutely delicious!
My partner Barbara had the Burro Fajita ($9). Stuffed with steak, cheese, rice, onions, and bell peppers, it was equally delicious.
Countless other options fill their extensive menu. Looking forward to checking them out on our next visit.
While they may be going through growing pains at this new facility, we found the staff to be friendly, hospitable, and attentive. They all seemed to be very happy working there, doing their best to make us welcome and happy.
If you live, or are staying, anywhere in central Baltimore County, or the northern section of the city, this place is worth the trip.

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

YEEEEEESSSS!!!! This place has fantastic food. Went in solo while my son was at Hapkido. Seated at the bar quickly and bartender (buddy) greeted me before my rump hit the seat. Beer was ice cold and food was very good. Give them a little time to work out a few service kinks ( forgot my silverware )and this place will be perfect. Will definitely be going back.