“If good crab cakes, I go!”

The Grille at Runways
Ranked #22 of 290 Restaurants in Hagerstown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 March 2017

It took a while before we were acknowledged as we waited at the desk to be seated. Finally someone told us to stand around the corner. That worked, and things got better from that point. We were there for lunch and the restaurant was pleasantly busy. the service was excellent and we even had a delightful dessert. Lovely day and very pleasant experience. Food was above expectations.

Reviewed 20 February 2017

The Grill at Runways is our favorite restaurant in north Hagerstown. Our favorite bartender, Mel, not only makes the best drinks but she makes everyone feel like a regular with her friendly smile! The menu offers an extensive menu at a reasonable price. The "Thrill of the Grill", filet, crab cake and chicken is awesome!!!! Thanks Dick for bringing "The Grill" back.

1  Thank Brez
Reviewed 14 February 2017

The opening of this resturant is a step back in time. The owner, Dick, had several resturants in town that were 4 stars. He retired and decided to "get back in mix" and did he. The excellent staff and Chef Chris have brought back the "Thrill of The Grill @ Park Circle."

Great food and great people while the planes fly in and out of Hagerstown Municipal Airport.

You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Robert M
Reviewed 25 December 2016 via mobile

This place changed hands and went straight down hill. Mercifully it is now closed. The prior owner was excellent but moved on to a place in Greencastle PA called B Street 104. I tried it and it is good with some of the same menu items.

2  Thank Bambino13
Reviewed 19 October 2016

My wife and I had a gift certificate for LJ's, and were disappointed to see that they closed in September. Thanks to Facebook, I found that LJ's and Runway's had "merged", so I called the latter to see if they'd honor the gift card. They said they would, so we stopped in for lunch on a beautiful Saturday. We had a little trouble finding the place, because the sign by the last turn is electronic, and doesn't always display the name of the restaurant. As many other reviewers have said, the location is really cool, with a great view of Hagerstown Regional Airport. We saw a military helicopter land for refueling, and the crew came in for lunch! The decor is very comfortable modern - very nicely done. The lunch menu consists of fairly standard fare. While you can view an (out of date) menu on their Facebook page, the link on their webpage does not work. I elected to have the LJ's Burger, which came with Boursin cheese spread on one of the buns and a side of truffle aioli. The meat, cheese and aioli were all excellent, but the flavors didn't come together like I would expect from a high-end burger. The side of fries were good, but again, nothing special. My wife had the hot roast beef sandwich, which contained plenty of tender and delicious meat, and was covered in tasty gravy. We shared a slice of pumpkin cheesecake that was absolutely great. The prices were pretty good, $12 for my burger and $8.95 for the hot roast beef. They only have have three beer taps, but had a pretty good selection on the day we were there: Blue Moon, Atlas' Rowdy Rye and Epic Brewing's Escape to Colorado IPA. I had the latter, which settled in nicely after an initial grapefruity taste. Our server was friendly and attentive, although we were disappointed that she didn't tell us about their specials - which looked pretty good as we were walking out. The dinner menu looked good, so we may have to stop back for dinner sometime.

1  Thank Zaphod