“Excellent food and service”
Review of Nick's Airport Inn

Nick's Airport Inn
Ranked #15 of 290 Restaurants in Hagerstown
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: For over 50 years, Nick's Airport Inn has been serving quality cuisine from scrumptious seafood to delectable desserts to vintage wines! Our phenomenal growth over the years attests to our reputation for serving the best of everything - choice meats and seafood, farm-fresh vegetables, and homemade breads. Our dishes are all made from scratch using the finest ingredients! Guests return time and again to enjoy a number of superb entrees like Nick's Famous Crab Cakes with jumbo lump crab and housemade tartar or the Sizzlin' Certified Black Angus N.Y. Strip Steak. Enjoy your meal in one of Airport Inn's ten elegantly appointed dining room including an atrium-enclosed piano bar. Our staff can also meet all of your party and catering needs with in-house facilities ready to accommodate parties from 10 people to 100! Call today to ask about our on- or off-site catering options. When you're looking for a superb dining experience for your special occasion or casual Friday night supper, join us at Nick's Airport Inn!
Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

My husband and I dined here for our 5th anniversary dinner. It was our first experience at Nicks. The food was excellent--we had crab cakes, bacon wrapped scallops, and crab bisque-- and the service was very attentive. Would definitely recommend and we are looking forward to coming back.
Thanks!

Reviewed 18 October 2016

We met familynher for lunch and a chance to catch up on family news.
Two of us ordered the Maryland Grilled Cheese, a grilled cheese with crab.
The bread was thick and toasted in butter, there was plenty of cheese and seemed to be a fair amt. of crab: BUT, it lacked any real big flavor- it needed some zip! Disappointing since Nicks is know for its crab. I should have stuck with my original intent and had a crab cake!

The tomato basil cup of soup that came along for the ride was good.
My husband had the vegan panini and said it was good.

Reviewed 15 October 2016

Nicks has been around for a long time so that alone says that they must be doing something right. The food is good and the prices are reasonable for the quality of food that you are receiving. If you have time it is a good place to stop before you catch a flight.

Reviewed 8 October 2016

45 years ago when my wife and I were in college and we were dating, her grandmother, who lived in Hagerstown took us out to dinner at Nick's Airport Inn. It was a fancy evening. My wife's grandmother knew Nick and we had nothing but the best of everything that evening. Well, my wife's grandmother and Nick are both gone now, but the legacy of Nick's Airport Inn lives on because his family still owns the business. The quality and freshness of the food and the attentiveness to it's preparation is second to none. The Filet Mignon I had was right up there among the best I've ever had in any major city. My wife indicated that the crab cakes were superb.
Reservations are highly recommended. When you arrive, I would really suggest you request that Colin be your server if he's working. He will take amazing care of your table. You only need to think about needing something and he's right there with it before you even have a chance to ask for it. I'm sure the other servers are good too, but we found Colin to be exemplary so request him if you can.
For desert, you MUST order Yia Yia's Baclava Cheesecake. My wife and I shared a piece and it was absolutely to die for.
Finally, in many of the TripAdvisor reviews on Nick's Airport Inn, you will read about the outdated decor and the need for an update of the interior decorations. Depending on your tastes, this may or may not be the case. But assuming it is true, perhaps the new owners need some time to accumulate the resources to make it happen. In my opinion, their priorities had to be on the food, the chef, and the servers. All of that was just perfect. While the atmosphere might be able to be enhanced, Nick's Airport Inn was clean, neat, and quiet dining establishment where you and that special loved one or business associate can have that perfect meal together. .

1  Thank evans81051
Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

The food is good but the service is usually poor especially for special occasions when they should be ready to be busy.