“Ignore the Nay Sayers, this is the place to go”

Hibachi Sushi & Supreme Buffet
Ranked #69 of 266 Restaurants in Glen Burnie
Cuisines: Asian
Description: This restaurant buffet has been open for a little more than a year. It is listed in yelp and urbanspoon with high ratings. I went there today and think its a wonderful find. The sushi was not what you would expect from a buffet. Two sushi chefs carefully create the sushi. It also has a great stir-fry station with great selections of seafood and meats. The buffet selection is grand without compromising quality. I am going back very soon!!
Reviewed 1 April 2015

This was a weekday visit in the late afternoon, we decided to go there again for dinner because we have had a good visit each and every time. There was an ample amount of Chinese and American dishes, mainly traditional, to include the Sushi and Hibachi. The salad bar and dessert bar were fresh and well stocked. The patrons seemed to be enjoying all aspects of eating there, the service was just right and the food was very good. There was a huge pile of sm/med crabs which dwindled quickly as well as the shrimp dishes. Everything was replenished as it got low. We have no complaints with either the food or the service, in fact they were both excellent.
We did not give it a 5 star rating because there were no sugar-free desserts. You have pretty good value for your money, all you can eat for a reasonable price.

Reviewed 27 March 2015

My family has gone here a couple times over the past year. Normally the food is fairly good for a buffet and the water normally taste off but we just went again yesterday with the family and it just did not seem very good.
They were really busy and everyone was hustling around but the food was just mediocre last night. Hate spending money and not being happy with what I get.
Maybe I'll try again another time.

Reviewed 11 January 2015

Just a few hours ago I decided to eat here with my two friends, and I have had heard mixed reviews about this buffet...so I decided to try it out for myself. The price to eat on a saturday night for two people with a soft drink instead of water was almost $33...which is absolutely outrageous. I paid for myself seperately and it was $16 and some change. When we were seated, the waitress seemed to be nice, but later on during our evening she proved to be very rude and lacking the ability to fully understand English. Communication with her wasn't that great because of her thick Asian accent. At one point during the time spent at this establishment, the waitress proceeded on multiple occassions to take my plate away while I was still actively eating off of it, I had just taken a bite of food at one point! While she and a group of other waitresses stood by watching every move we made, the only real comfort was the fact the Ravens playoff game was on and my drink never was below half full. Steamed crabs were available and I decided to try a few and was a little concerned when the crab on the inside seemed undercooked and very watery. I did not eat any and my friends and I decided to leave and go someplace else. We didn't leave a tip because we only had our debit cards and evidentally not leaving a tip is a cardinal sin to them and before we could even push in our chairs a group of about four waitresses began shouting "tip!? tip!?". Had we had the cash, we would not have tipped anyhow because the service was awful. Overall...the food was ok...the Golden Corral right down the road would probably make you more satisfied than here. Between the extremely overbearing waitresses and having my unfinished plate yanked away from me before I had a chance to enjoy it...I left extremely unhappy, unsatisfied and hungry.

1  Thank cj1916
Reviewed 4 December 2014

This restaurant at a minimum needs new carpet! Immediately when you walk in it hits you! The carpet or restaurant smells very bad. I'd rather not specify of what the odor resembles in my review. The carpets appearance is horrible! Worn out holes in it. Servers wiping the floors where it wasn't carpeted with towels and their shoes, scooping it in dust pans. I'm hoping those towels get washed. But regardless I would have been fired if I'd ever done that in any establishment I worked in. The restaurant itself is dull and dingy and needs to be cleaned! The window sills have dead bugs on them. The booth seats are ripped and not even a hint of an attempt to repair them, not even with some sort of quick fix. They're just ripped and hanging down. Tables are wiped but not with any kind of solution that I noticed. I was ready to walk out when I walked in. I stayed in hopes to find something I could eat that was safely presented. Lots of carbs and fried foods. No Egg Foo Young? It's an Asian buffet. The stuffed potatoes were with cream cheese probably mayo etc., they were basically raw. Not baked long enough. There is a fresh Hibachi Grill that I did attempt which was pretty good. You could choose your fresh ingredients and have them put on the grill and cooked for you while you waited. Then tip the grill man. The sushi was nothing but rice with a touch of something in it. Not real sushi obviously that you would get in a real restaurant as buffets have a tendency to fill them with rice. The food is not held at the correct warm temperatures. But the cold food is properly cooled. Improper food temperatures mean the same whether warm or cold, if not correct they are improper. The cups to drink out of are old and could use replacing. I'd say close down and gut it and update and restaff. Or retrain. I wouldn't suggest going in to eat. Depending on what kind of food you are intending on eating, or that you can stomach. It's not really anything I would ever suggest to anyone. It's quite filthy, and a big thumbs down for me. I think they could use a Health department check actually. Sorry. I can't offer a lot of nice things to say here. Just the truth of the review. Pass this one up. Not sanitary. Utensils to serve your food were even dirty. I used my own. The variety of food is plentiful but the food itself is not very good nor is it presented with cleanliness.

Reviewed 31 August 2014

My granddaughter wanted to go here for her birthday...we had a party of 20. When we arrived only 17 of the 20 were there...3 others arrived later. I paid for 17 and the other 3 were paid for when they arrived. After we were seated and had gotten our food 4 waitresses and the cashier were staring at us and pointing for 10 minutes....I finally walked over to them and asked what the problem was. They were not sure that we had paid for everyone....I pulled out my receipt and gave the receipt for the three that had joined us. Instead of standing around staring and pointing any one of those (if they could speak English) could have asked to see our receipts- even though they took a copy of the receipts when they took drink orders.
The food was not hot and plates were dirty. To make matters worse as we left there were large rats running in and out of the kitchen door! I will never go back again!

1  Thank Lorrie C