“Our go to sushi in North Potomac ”
Review of Yiku Sushi

Yiku Sushi
Ranked #114 of 375 Restaurants in Gaithersburg
Reviewed 12 April 2016 via mobile

Ever since Hakuba closed in Kentlands, we have been looking for a replacement close by. Yiku Sushi is it. Good quality sushi with a fair amount of imagination in the special maki. The special maki are creative and the sushi rolls are very well priced. ($4.50-$5.25).
Eat in, carry out or delivery.... Enjoy

Reviewed 2 April 2016

Yiku Sushi opened up about the time I moved into the neighborhood, and I've been a regular ever since. The lunch specials are especially great where you get very good sushi (the fish is always great) for a great deal. I tend to do takeout so I don't know the service especially well, but everyone's always been very pleasant when I pick things up, and they're very attentive to keeping things moving even when it's busy. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 27 March 2016

The Sushi choices are very good, the prices are reasonable. The fish is fresh and delicious. The dessert is also very good. I was positively surprised and LOVED the playboy roll. Unfortunately, we had one waitress who was downright rude. Plain and simple. She was one an incompetent stress ball. I understand that they are short staffed, but she was just abrasive, and had an attitude for absolutely no reason at all as my parents and I were pleasant people happy to be there. They were also short staffed in the sushi bar, with only one (albeit excellent) sushi man, so any sushi bar order took a lot longer to come out than anything else. Any good quality restaurant would know that if someone ordered a sushi bar appetizer and someone else ordered a non-sushi bar entree, the entree should be held back until the appetizers were served and finished so that the entrees would later all be served together. But not here. This waitress brought food out as it became ready, and each person ate something at a different time - very unprofessional. The green tea was just a tea bag with hot water - not the type of tea I expect at a Japanese restaurant. But they did have some amazing rolls and dessert (their mochi ice cream is delicious and served with siracha aioli). My mother said her beef teriyaki was fatty and not very good, so she would order the chicken next time. I loved the Playboy roll, but felt the tuna carpaccio should have been served by itself and not on a bed of lettuce. That was strange. Overall we would probably order from there for delivery (if they can deliver in Potomac) and not ever eat there again, even though another waitress took over for the stress ball waitress half way through, and she was actually lovely.

Reviewed 18 February 2016

Yiku Sushi is on my way home, and find it a very convenient place to get take out. They have on-line ordering, and my take-out has always been ready when I get there. The sushi is high-quality, American-style stuff. My husband is a vegetarian, and they have a good selection of non-fish options. I have only eaten in the restaurant once, and that was for lunch. It was fairly busy, and service was still prompt and the food came quickly. Overall, a good alternative to other nearby sushi places.

Reviewed 5 February 2016 via mobile

We decided to try out Yiku and were not disappointed
I had the sashimi dinner and it was delicious
Big slices of very tasty and fresh fish. My husband had the sea food udon and was very pleased.
Very attentive staff.