“Western Maryland Scenic Railroad”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Western Maryland Adventures
Reviewed 23 June 2015

My sister, Mother and I took this 3 hour train ride from Cumberland to Frostburg. We had dinner on the way up (food was not hot and marginal at best...prime rib and salmon). Two 6-ounce glasses of red wine with souvenir glasses was $16, and the wine was bottom self at best. The temperature in the train bordered on freezing...very uncomfortable. Would recommend a sweater or light jacket for the trip.Once at Frostburg, we stopped for approximately 45 minutes and enjoyed the music of The Ginsangers. The group was very good, and Connie Townsend has an awesome voice. Thoroughly enjoyed their talent. Dessert was served on the way back to Cumberland and was a delicious chocolate fudge cake. The two servers did a remarkable job on the way up and back, and were very friendly and accommodating.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

What an outstanding day! Driving a UTV up and down the trails was exciting! The guides did an excellent job talking me through and terrain with the constant communications I had with them through the headsets. I recommend this to the umth degree!
Kayaking on the Shawnee Lake was sooo relaxing. We saw osprey, herons, turtles, etc.
Call these guys and set up a trip put together just for you.
I nearly forgot to mention historical Bedford Springs. That place is an experience just walking through it! Enjoy!

1  Thank Daytripper20132
Reviewed 1 October 2012

We booked a white water rafting trip from their website for a Sunday @ 10:30am. Their website allowed us to book the trip so we entered our credit card info and thought all was great. The next day we get 2 calls (1 to confirm the trip & 1 to tell us they were booked for that day & time) and we had to pick another day. So my husband was talked into scheduling the trip for Sat instead. After talking with me, he realized that day & time conflicted with our other Sat plans so he had to cancel (the reason we picked Sunday and not Saturday in the first place). After talking with Brandon & Kelly (both nice and tried to help) we had to contact Shelly to talk about the cancellation fees. Shelly was very responsive & caring and we were able to come to a mutual resolution. Tip: BEFORE you reserve an excursion check & double check your calendars! The cancellation policy is VERY strict. We gave them 4 stars because we didn't actually get to go on our trip but we will definitely use Western MD Adventures again. Once we go on that trip we will leave another review & hopefully it will be 5 stars. They offer great excursions and great customer service. If you're staying in Rocky Gap Resort & Spa, give them a try! Lemme know if you thought this review was helpful by clicking the YES button below. Thank you!

10  Thank ILuvVacationing