“Turf Valley: Great Place with a good rate”
Review of Turf Valley Resort

Turf Valley Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ellicott City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Bowie, MD
“Turf Valley: Great Place with a good rate”
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I stayed at Turf Valley while attending an over night retreat. I was pleasantly surprised with the size of my room. I paid $109.00 for a suite that had a wrap-around balcony, huge bedroom with a desk, internet, chair, flat-screen tv, dresser, door with wall pockets (great source of privacy); a tall mini-fridge, coffee/tea maker with tea, coffee and condiments, microwave, cabinets, sink, an over-sized bathroom, a huge living-room area with a small dinette table w/chairs, large picture window, pull-out sofa, large chair, dresser and flat-screen tv! My room overlooked the beautifully kept golf-course and waterfall that changes colors at night. Wow, now that's a deal. I will definitely be back!

I almost forgot about the remainder of the resort. The grounds are beautifully kept. The outdoor pool was under repair so I did not get to use it. The indoor pool is part of the Spa area. Aww, it was so tranquil and relaxing that I actually fell asleep in the lounge chair. The entire resort is beautiful and the staff are very nice and accommodating. I did not use the lounge or restaurant but both areas were well kept. I think I may plan my birthday party there.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the golf course and water fall
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank tripthisbowie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Norfolk, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I just returned from a board meeting held at Turf Valley and was very pleased. The only downside is if you fly in....plan on spending about $60-70 for the taxi trip to the resort (they do have a shuttle for the return). The rooms are spacious...and I mean spacious...lots of windows, minifridge, flat screen TV with lots of channels. Free wi fi ad coffee maker in the room and large bathroom. Beds are comfy too. There is both lounge and restaurant. Excellent beer on tap and nice wine selection (martinis are well prepared too). Angela's has a decent menu and reasonable prices. There is both an indoor and outdoor pool (currently closed) as well as a health club and a spa. I wish I had more time to explore the place but it was raining one of the days I was there but next if we meet here, plan to spend more time and even go on the driving range.Of course the view of the links can't be beat either...bet is is beautiful in the autumn. Staff is also very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 March 2012

If you are doing any business on Route 70 and Howard County this is the place to stay.

I am a member of Hilton Honors and Marriott Rewards. Neither chain offers a full service brand in this area. Unfortunately I need to rule out Double Tree in Columbia.

After some research and coming across an amazing rate I started to stay here. It will be about my seventh stay. On my third stay the front desk started to welcome me by name. I have a nice room with a gorgeous view. The hotel offers lots of perks for the business traveler - parking wireless internet indoor pool fitness center business center - (all complimentary)

The best part: I come back from the office and hit the driving range. Now for me thats worth lots of points.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of their courses. Pulling the curtains open to this view will beat any cu...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Consultant1966
Eldersburg, Maryland
Reviewed 8 February 2012

We love The Hubcaps. This is our second time watching them at Turf Valley - a property well known in our State for special events, weddings, and conferences. We will be back later this year. Service was very friendly and rooms are spacious. The grounds are well kept and beautiful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of their beautiful golf course
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rocknroll_RL1950
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We stayed at Turf Valley for 6 nights in order to be near our friends living nearby in Ellicott City.
Our room was very spacious,clean and well decorated with quality fixtures and fittings. We had an average meal at the restaurant with our friends on the first night and then returned from a day trip on the second night to find that the restaurant was being stripped for renovations and would be out of action indefinitely. We were counting on eating there and would have appreciated some notice from management. A sign in the lobby or a letter to the room would have been appreciated.
We also woke one morning to a group of men outside our window replacing the guttering on the roof. They worked with grinders and power equipment all day and didn't leave until after dark. I understand that hotels need to do maintenance work during low season but these two events did colour our stay.
Management was very receptive to our comments and did reduce our bill on the last day.
The resort seems to be very well run and I'm sure the new restaurant will be fantastic.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the golf course if possible. The 6th floor was lovely.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
9.2 km away
Sheraton Columbia Town Center Hotel
13.8 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia / South

Been to Turf Valley Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Turf Valley Resort

Property: Turf Valley Resort
Address: 2700 Turf Valley Rd, Ellicott City, MD 21042-2047 (Formerly Turf Valley Resort and Conference Center)
Region: United States > Maryland > Ellicott City
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ellicott City
Price range (per night): $186 - $267
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Turf Valley Resort 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Wotif.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Turf Valley Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Turf Valley Hotel Ellicott City