“Best Guacamole and Margaritas!”
Review of Xitomate

Xitomate
Ranked #88 of 170 Restaurants in Ellicott City
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 3 July 2015 via mobile

I have visited this restaurant twice. The homemade guacamole is the best I have tasted since living in Arizona. The margaritas are top notch (a little pricey, but great happy hour deals). The salsa verde and chips are also tasty. If you go on Thursdays in June and July, you can enjoy live music starting at 6:30!

Reviewed 27 May 2015

Attractive restaurant, we were there during a slow period, service was good. Chips and salsa were a disappointment, and the evening did not improve. Very little seemed authentic Mexican - perhaps an American Fusion with Mexican hints would be closer. Quesadillas and Fajitas were mediocre. Drinks were good, but expensive. Many other restaurant options to try before we go back.

Reviewed 25 May 2015

I have been here several times. The staff eagerly opens the doors and ushers us to our seats. I always start with the freshly made guacamole and am never disappointed. When I have ordered the spinach and corn enchilada I have never gone wrong. But last visit's shrimp fajitas were awful. The entire platter was coated/swimming in oil. Worse yet, it was did not taste like healthy oil--more like leftovers from last week's fish fry. I ended up picking out the shrimp and leaving the rest, thus missing my daily quota of veggies by a mile. When I declined our server's offer of a take-home box for the residue he did not seem fazed that I was rejecting 5/6th of the platter. Even if Xitomate composts, this is a bad deal for customers!

Reviewed 23 May 2015 via mobile

We live nearby and have enjoyed numerous dinners at Facci, so we decided to give Xitomate a try as it's across the street.
As we walked in, a couple we know greeted us. When they heard that it was our first time visiting Xitomate, they immediately cautioned us about the slow service.
Once seated we waited at least ten minutes before a waiter approached our table. Requisite chips & salsa eventually arrived, but no silverware or napkins.
Rather than write an exceedingly-long review, I feel it's worth noting that the food itself was quite good, but the entire experience fell flat on its face due to exceptionally slow & indifferent service.
I have a feeling that we'll look elsewhere the next time we're in the mood for local Mexican food.

Reviewed 20 May 2015

Upscale Mexican food but not too pricey. Nice bar area away the the main dining room.Outdoor seating is available on a small patio. Very good service and friendly staff.
It's in the Harris Teeter shopping center along with several other new restaurants.