“Loved the White Oak Burger”

The White Oak Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
The White Oak Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 179 Restaurants in Ellicott City
Cuisines: American, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 August 2018

Hubby and I found this place as a result of a Dealhere.com coupon (thank goodness for deal and coupon sites because great restaurants like this might never be brought to our attention otherwise). We came in for a late Sunday lunch a couple of weeks ago, after visiting family that live in the area, and were able to be seated right away. We had checked out the menu beforehand so we already knew we both wanted to try out the White Oak Burgers. I paired mine with the Baja Chicken Soup while hubby went with the hand cut fries. The burgers were cooked perfectly and needed little to no condiments (very odd for me as I usually love slathering my burgers with ketchup, mustard or bbq sauce). The soup was very good but I was hoping it would be spicier and more tomato-broth based, similar to chicken tortilla soup, but it was creamier and a little thicker than I expected (I prefer "lighter" soups in the summer months). The fries were very good but I didn't care too much for the homemade Ketchup. I do love that the restaurant offers pet-friendly outdoor seating, and although we couldn't take advantage of it on our visit since the weather was dark and stormy, we will keep it in mind when hiking with our golden in the area. Our server, Alexis, was super friendly and attentive, ask to be seated in her section for awesome service.

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

It was our first time to White Oak and surprisingly we easily got a table shortly after 6 on a Friday evening. The drinks were good and the fried pretzel appetizer was different but yummy. We both ordered burgers and they were flavorful and cooked perfectly. I wasn't very fond of their housemade ketchup, but the fries were good. We also ordered the strawberry pretzel dessert which was huge and tasty.

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

I love some of the dishes I've had here, but I hate coming back to find them gone just a few weeks later. I'm not really into a constantly changing menu, especially when brunch only offers a handful of options anyway. Would recommend keeping some staples and then maybe changing just a special dish or two around.

Clare F, Owner at The White Oak Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2018

Hi Sarah

Thank you for dining at White Oak Tavern. Since our concept is Farm-to-table we change our menu four times a year along with the seasons. It allows us to use the freshest ingredients possible. We do however keep the popular dishes on the brunch menu: brisket hash, vegetable hash, White Oak Burger, French Toast....plus we always have omelets, a vegetarian option, soups & salads. We hope you continue to dine with us.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Always a great time at The White Oak. 30 craft beers, lots of tvs. The white oak burger is award winning and definitely order the pastrami egg roll if it’s on the menu.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

The outdoor seating is enjoyable but the chiipotle cheese steak had a small amount of beef. I also ordered a glass a prosecco that had very few bubbles in it, it was mostly flat even though it was in a small bottle.