“Very Good Fajitas”

Ernesto's Fine Mexican Food
Ranked #13 of 170 Restaurants in Ellicott City
Reviewed 7 March 2016 via mobile

Our first time. The Steak Fajitas were excellent...juicy and tender strips of steak, sautéed with onions and green peppers on a hot skillet...no grizzle. It came with a plate of shredded cheese, guacamole, sour cream, rice, beans, lettuce and 3 soft shell tortillas. I asked for 1 more tortilla shell when I finished the 3 as I had lots of steak left (probably for 2 more shells)!! Our server, Ethan, brought me 2 more at no additional cost and no fuss. They also have Modellos on tap for $3. My wife enjoyed her Grand Burrito w. Chicken and could only eat half of it. The complimentary chips were warm (home made?) and salsa was very good. Very large portions and friendly service. They were very busy on this Saturday night and we had a 30 mins wait. We went next door to the Tavern for a drink while we waited. Not sure if they take reservations but we'll try to call ahead next time. Very good value, our meal and drinks totaled less than $40.

Reviewed 6 March 2016

We did have to wait about 20 mins for a table. Unfortunately, their bar area was not quite big enough to accommodate the crowd waiting for tables. Once we were seated, we enjoyed our meal, and the service was good. We both had carnitas--tacos and burrito--and liked them both. Table-side guacamole was good too.

Reviewed 5 March 2016

I went here for dinner. The food was overpriced, my waiter could barely speak English, my enchiladas were horrible and when I complained about service, the owner Tony got defensive and told me, "your kind of people don't know what good food is."

I was a little confused at what he meant by that, but my intuition was confirmed the next time I went back to the restaurant because a family member wanted to check it out. Right as we entered, the white guy in his mid-twenties asserted to us "you guys are not welcome here." When I inquired why, he explained "we don't like you kind."

3  Thank skm86
Reviewed 9 February 2016

Ernesto's is located in a strip mall, but don't be fooled. This restaurant offers really good Mexican food at affordable prices. Waitstaff very helpful and friendly.

Reviewed 11 January 2016

carne asada and rice and beans was cooked to perfection and tasted delicious.
Service is always polite, friendly, and helpful.