“Very good ”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Have had good luck with Carrabbas across the country. This experience did not disappoint. Took advantage of the Happy Hour beer offering. I generally don't drink Bud Light draft but this was ice cold and inexpensive. Enjoyed the bread with olive oil and herbs. The oil was fresh as was the bread. While waiting on the entree', I had the minestrone. This was really the only disappointing aspect of the visit. The soup was lukewarm and rather flavorless. Then again, one does not visit a Carrabba's for the soup. The main course was a filet, (steak), ordered and prepared to mid-rare. This steak was amazing. Seasoned nicely, prepared appropriately, and incredibly tender. The side of asparagus was quite tasty and cooked to a nice, crunchy, consistency. Russ the bartender did a nice job. Tweak the soup and improve the presentation of the main course and this rating can easily go to 5 stars. Thanks for a really good time. I'll be back!

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 13 April 2018

Yes, I know it's a chain. I like Bonefish just as much. But it's good to know the food is tasty, authentic, and familiar when you're on the road sometimes. Little bit surprised at the prices, and they didn't have the wine I chose. But the entre was delicious.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 1 January 2018

I recently visited Carrabba's in Ellicott City with my wife, on a Friday evening, just before 7 p.m. The restaurant was extremely busy. We had put our names on the restaurant's wait list nearly two hours earlier, but when we arrived, the host said that we would still face a wait of 35-40 minutes. Thankfully, this was the worst case scenario, and we were seated within 10 minutes. Once seated, our waitress was very friendly and attentive; the service was, without question, exceptional. On the other hand, the meal itself was only decent -- my wife felt her pasta was flavorless, while my pasta was good, but not remarkable. I left satisfied with the experience overall, but I believe that was largely because I was using a gift card which covered most of the cost of the meal. I would have been disappointed had I not had a gift card, because, in spite of the attentive service, the food was average at best while the prices were higher than similar Italian chain restaurants.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Almost every thing is bad dirty bars slow food service poor hostile service and less then 10 people are in the place
Dishes are comparable.. but sevice is fffff

Date of visit: December 2017
Carrabbas, Guest Relations Manager at Carrabba's Italian Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Hello Frank,

We hate to hear about the issues you encountered. We'd like to review this further if you could please take a moment to send me an email at homeoffice@carrabbas.com with the subject "TripAdvisor - Ellicott City". We can then correspond directly over email.

Amy
Carrabba's Italian Grill

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

Friday night dinner at Carrabba's can get crowded. We got there at 5:45 and there wasn't a wait. People who arrived 30 minutes later faced a crowd.

The staff was friendly and waiter knew the menu well. I had Chicken Bryan and it was excellent.

Date of visit: November 2017