“Old and tired feeling ”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Visited this restaurant quite a number of times over the last few years and have not been impressed. The food and the ambience feel very dated and while some of the beers are OK there’s not really much to recommend this place and I would not go back again.

Reviewed 13 January 2018

I go here for lunch or dinner often, and I have never been disappointed. I usually get the ribs or Bare Bones special salad, which is a great salad with grilled chicken. I have also had their prime rib on prime rib night, which I also enjoyed. Their onion soup is great. Many people like their hamburgers and grilled chicken. Their French fries are like steak fries and are good, although I usually order a baked potato. Rolls are provided only if you ask for them and are served with butter. However, you have to ask for the butter that comes with rolls, if you want butter with your baked potato instead of margerine and sour cream mix. The Cole slaw is good and they usually have 1fresh vegetable.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

We had a family gathering for my fathers 90th birthday and he likes Bare Bones.
We worked with them in advance and used their banquet room for our 30 people. They suggested a buffet so we went with that. Food selections were made ahead of time. Two main meats, two veggies and a salad and not alcohol drinks. It was $20 a person including an up charge for ribs and something else.

The food was good, hot and plentiful. No one went hungry and we didn't have any complaints about the quantity or quality of food. Salad was nice and crisp, ribs were cooked well with sauce mostly on the side and the chicken was.... well chicken!

We had one dedicated server and she handled things really well. Any alcohol was served and billed individually and we had 1 vegetarian and one child and we just ordered off the menu for them with no hassle.

All in all a really good night. I would recommend Bare Bones.

PS..... we have gone here just as a couple and their food is consistently good as is their service.

1  Thank Dan E
Reviewed 17 December 2017

Happy hour in the bar provides free barfood (e.g. wings). The pork BBQ sandwiches are great, the ribs are good and the Maryland crab soup is excellent. Frequent live music geared to adults.

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

The Bare Bones Chicken Salad is to write home about. It is large so I take out half right away (before dressing) to take home. Their fish tacos are also good. Wait staff is good - seem to be mostly college aged, friendly and knowledgeable. We go about once a month and have not been disap0ointed.