“Very good Korean BBQ”

Tong Na Moo House
Ranked #82 of 178 Restaurants in Ellicott City
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Came here on a date with a friend and I'm glad she suggested to Korean restaurant. We decided to go with the Korean BBQ. She went with spicy chicken and I chose the grilled duck. Both meats were cooked to our liking right in front of us. While the meat was cooking the waiter brought Korean side dishes which were very good.

I have no complaints on this place and will return in the future.

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

The last time we frequented this place was sometime in 2012, and everything about the place was bad. Don't know if they had an ownership/management change since, but it now looks and feels very different.

It's now well organized and coordinated from the greeter to the server. The servers are prompt and professional. The food was great, especially the Korean meats. The only downside maybe the price of the Korean ribs which seemed to be in the high side.

Otherwise, I'd strongly recommend the place for Korean table top BBQ.

Reviewed 30 April 2017

Fair warning, their Groupon deal is a bait and switch. We went for the Korean BBQ and were told there was no space available. The host said they didn't know when a table would open up and asked us if we would like to do regular dining instead. We agreed. Everything was fine up until we went to pay. We were told we could not use the Groupon for the dining meal only for BBQ. We asked to see a manager. We were told the manager was in a meeting and we just sat there getting angrier by the minute. We then called the server over and explained that instead of the coupon value we would just take the paid value- that doesn't expire and is good to use for any good or service when what was advertised is not available. We circled the policy on the Groupon and everything! We were told Groupon is a different company and we have to contact them... What!? We sat for an hour never saw a manager, paid out of pocket and will never return again.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

This place is not as well known as Shin Chon and I'm not really sure why. They have better food and way better service than Shin Chon. I've been to Shin Chon so many times, that they recognize us and tells us how big my daughter has grown so I'm very familiar with their food and service. However, the food and service at Tong Na Moo house is excellent! The quality of the meat is so good. I feel like it literally melts in your mouth. And service is way better too. The waiters there are so attentive to your needs and always looking over to make sure you have everything and the water is always filled. I've been to this place so many times already and if I had to choose between Shin Chon and Tong Na Moo, I would choose Tong Na Moo hands down. Try their seafood pancake and the steamed egg dish that comes out when you get the BBQ...sooo delicious!

Reviewed 16 April 2017

You have to be a fan of the concept: bits of meat cooked tableside. But if you are, this is a great exponent of the tradition. Meals come with a full complement of condiments and side dishes and the service is efficient and pleasant. The beef short ribs rank among the best things on the menu.