“Good Pulled Pork”
Review of Mission BBQ

Mission BBQ
Ranked #15 of 178 Restaurants in Ellicott City
Reviewed 1 March 2017

Ate for the first time on a Sunday afternoon with family. This place sponsors veterans. Thanks!!!! We all tried the pulled pork and loved it along with the large portion of French fries - fresh cut. This is a very unique place and I am glad to have it gone and hope they open one in Bel Air, MD. They also support first responders - great!! It is nothing fancy inside just picnic tables and chairs. The outside it picnic tables with umbrellas. There is a huge American Flag outside - very patriotic!

1  Thank Darlene M
Erica Z, Guest Relations Manager at Mission BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2017

Darlene, Thank you so much for your kind words and feedback! We are so happy to hear that your first visit with us was truly a great one. We are especially happy to hear that everything was well-enjoyed. We look forward to the next opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 9 February 2017

The food choices here are abysmal - unhealthy and limited. The seating is uncomfortable and the atmosphere is like a fast food chain. Everything is served on paper or plastic. I don't eat BBQ but my husband did and thought it was inferior to other nearby restaurants and carry-outs. Would not recommend this. Also, i miss the former restaurant at this location - The Crab Shanty.

1  Thank CALreview
Reviewed 5 February 2017

Authentic BBQ, and they take care of Veterans and First Responders. I have a patch on the wall, and get invited to VIP Events with other Vets and First Responders

Erica Z, Public Relations Manager at Mission BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2017

Thank you for the Service and Sacrifice that you have provided to Our Country. We are honored to be able to display your patch on Our Walls, as Our Walls mean a lot to us. We look forward to the next opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

I can't decide if mission is fast food, a carry out, a caterer, or a sit down restaurant. I guess it's a bit of each. Food is priced like a sit down BBQ place but set up is more of a fast food feel. Order, stand, wait for food, fill drinks, find table. For the price I'd much prefer to have table service and real plates and silverware.

The food is solid, but not spectacular. I know I'm going to take grief for this but it's no better than other known national and local BBQ chains and they offer a sit down table service at the same price.

No American, absolutely no American, can not feel a sense of pride and gratitude to the individuals honored by Mission.

Reviewed 25 December 2016 via mobile

Great food and prices. Staff was friendly and the vicinity was quite clean. Funny people great team.