All reviewsfront deskstayed herepull out sofanext morningtwo queen bedsinternet speedpancake machinenice jobfamily functionfree breakfastgreat breakfast in the morningclean roomsmini fridgenice lobbyhotel lobbymyrtle beacheggs
Reviewed 28 July 2017

We liked this hotel very much. It was very clean and quiet. The staff were very professional and quite helpful. Hotel location is great right near University of Delaware. It must have been graduation weekend very busy.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Kathy R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elkton - Newark S. - UD Area, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Thank you so much for the kind words for our staff .. they truly mean a great deal to us!!
We are only about 3 miles from University of Delaware. During their events most of the parents stay here even when they are just here for a quick visit! I'm very happy you're stay was good!

We certainly hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 July 2017

I have been staying at this hotel on business for 5 years consecutively and i have never been let down by the service or staff here. This hotel and it's staff has always been quiet, comfortable, clean, and friendly. Overall me doing business in the area has been made easier due to all the great quality's of the Holiday Inn and its hospitable staff, and has been a fantastic reason i still do business here today. Overall i would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone be it travelers, vacationers, or people on business.

Room Tip: You will not be dissapointed in any location
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Thank you so very much for the awesome review of our hotel! The staff appreciates the kind words you have about them. It is our pleasure to provide you with great service, that is our reward!

So happy that we are your 'choice' when you're away from home! We will continue to provide you with excellence and look forward to your next stay!!

Kathy Ross

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Heading home (NY) from Myrtle Beach - just happened to come upon this hotel. What a great find it was for us. Beautiful rooms, friendly staff, and a great breakfast in the morning. Highly recommend this room !

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Kathy R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elkton - Newark S. - UD Area, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Brian and Carolyn,

Thank You so much for the kind words, they mean a great deal!
We are happy you found us and we certainly hope to see you again! Safe travels to you both!

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Lobby: clean
Room: Clean
Welcoming people
Free parking with cameras and lights.
Convenient Near the highway 95

The problem for us was the level of humidity in the room even with the AC. I hesitated between a rating of 2.5 and 3 because of this reason.

So, for about the same price, I preferred the Hampton inn Elkton. It might be only because of the room I got. The location isn't in a University environment like I thought but few Miles from the University area.

We appreciated the good included breakfast.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Kathy R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elkton - Newark S. - UD Area, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Thank you for the nice review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your breakfast! And yes being so close to the University of Delaware is why we are the preferred hotel for most parents. We certainly hope to see you again!!

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Hotel is nothing special but in a good location for a summer hockey tournment. Checked in a little earlier today and had to sign a bunch of liability forms for damage to hotel.... Kind of odd? Anyhow checked in and went to room and the first thing I noticed is a 1/2" gap between the top of the door and the door frame. Then go to use the bathroom and there is no way the bathroom door can lock (pic).

Biggest issue is the gap in the door to the hallway. I can hear EVERYTHING from the elevator doors opening to whispered conversations in the hallway. Tried to change rooms but they are sold out. Had to prepay room for the tournment so I guess I'm out of luck. Sure seems they should have taken this room out of the 'usable' stock.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Kathy R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elkton - Newark S. - UD Area, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Thank you for staying with us! We enjoyed having your hockey group here with us.

I apologize for the inconvenience with your stay. While you were at the hockey tournament my maintenance dept. was able to fix your bathroom door so it locked properly. We also adjusted your entrance door for you.

In most cases we would have moved you to another suite however we were sold out all weekend! In any case, I am happy that we could take care of it for you!

We certainly hope to see you again!