Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elkton - Newark S. - UD Area
USD 122
La Quinta
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 138/night.

USD 69
USD 152
USD 137
USD 58
USD 133
All reviewsfront deskstayed herepull out sofanext morningclean roomsinternet speeda long road tripfamily functiongreat breakfast in the morningfree breakfastarrived latemini fridgenice lobbyhotel lobbygood sizemyrtle beacheggs
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Heading home (NY) from Myrtle Beach - just happened to come upon this hotel. What a great find it was for us. Beautiful rooms, friendly staff, and a great breakfast in the morning. Highly recommend this room !

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Kathy R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elkton - Newark S. - UD Area, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Brian and Carolyn,

Thank You so much for the kind words, they mean a great deal!
We are happy you found us and we certainly hope to see you again! Safe travels to you both!

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Lobby: clean
Room: Clean
Welcoming people
Free parking with cameras and lights.
Convenient Near the highway 95

The problem for us was the level of humidity in the room even with the AC. I hesitated between a rating of 2.5 and 3 because of this reason.

So, for about the same price, I preferred the Hampton inn Elkton. It might be only because of the room I got. The location isn't in a University environment like I thought but few Miles from the University area.

We appreciated the good included breakfast.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Kathy R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elkton - Newark S. - UD Area, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Thank you for the nice review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your breakfast! And yes being so close to the University of Delaware is why we are the preferred hotel for most parents. We certainly hope to see you again!!

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Hotel is nothing special but in a good location for a summer hockey tournment. Checked in a little earlier today and had to sign a bunch of liability forms for damage to hotel.... Kind of odd? Anyhow checked in and went to room and the first thing I noticed is a 1/2" gap between the top of the door and the door frame. Then go to use the bathroom and there is no way the bathroom door can lock (pic).

Biggest issue is the gap in the door to the hallway. I can hear EVERYTHING from the elevator doors opening to whispered conversations in the hallway. Tried to change rooms but they are sold out. Had to prepay room for the tournment so I guess I'm out of luck. Sure seems they should have taken this room out of the 'usable' stock.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Kathy R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elkton - Newark S. - UD Area, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Thank you for staying with us! We enjoyed having your hockey group here with us.

I apologize for the inconvenience with your stay. While you were at the hockey tournament my maintenance dept. was able to fix your bathroom door so it locked properly. We also adjusted your entrance door for you.

In most cases we would have moved you to another suite however we were sold out all weekend! In any case, I am happy that we could take care of it for you!

We certainly hope to see you again!

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

We spent the night here on our way to the beach. Hadn't realized when I made my reservation that it was a Holiday Inn Express and Suites. We were very happy with the room size--the teens got the bedroom and my husband and I got the big room. The gym was ok, not the best equipment but it worked for a short stay. Breakfast, as always, was great. One thing, it didn't affect our great stay, I don't know who wall papered the place, but they did a terrible job. Every corner of our room was a mess wall paper-wise. Again, just an observation, but a great place to stay.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Kathy R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elkton - Newark S. - UD Area, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

It was a pleasure having you stay with us!! We are happy you were pleased with the size of your room ... its nice to have that extra bedroom!
We certainly hope you stop again!
Safe travels and see you soon!

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

We stopped here last minute during a road trip. Right of Interstate 95. Stay was quick and pleasant, we didn't get to take advantage of the amenities but have listed them below.

We had a double queen room.
Room included:
Microwave
Good size mini fridge
Coffee/tea (Keurig)
Good water pressure in standard shower/tub.
Pull out sofa
Soft or firm pillows (pillowcases labeled)

Hotel includes:
Fitness center
Pool
Complimentary breakfast
Large common area
Business center

Definitely would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Kathy R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elkton - Newark S. - UD Area, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Thank you so much for the kind words! We are happy that your stay was pleasant!
Your comfort is our #1 priority!! We hope you enjoyed your road trip! Have a great summer. We hope to see you again!