All reviews stayed here front desk clean indoor pool waffles staff was friendly other hotels room was clean traveling alone every week hot and cold selections nice size aberdeen proving grounds quiet hotel nice stay convenient location easy access complimentary breakfast
Reviewed 11 January 2016

This was great location for some visits we were making. Close to friends, good shopping nearby, and an easy trip to BWI. The room seemed new and up to date. I think many might appreciate the walk in shower -- no clambering into a slippy tub. Bed was good, TV was good, and I love making a fresh waffle for breakfast. Very happy overall. It is worth noting that this location was $25 cheaper than the Whitemarsh location, but only about a 20 minutes ride from there. Would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Harshal M, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Edgewood Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites - Edgewood/APG South.We greatly appreciate you sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you. We are excited to know that we will have you back with us again. We look forward to creating an even greater experience for your next visit.

Reviewed 13 December 2015

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on our way to Florida. The front desk staff was friendly, polite and efficient. The price was very reasonable, but the room was just OK. It was a spacious room, with a comfortable bed, good heat and cooling, good sized refrigerator, microwave and a good flat screen television. The room was very clean. There are enough electrical outlets to handle a number of electronic devices. We were able to plug in two phone, a computer and a CPAP machine with no problem. The breakfast was good with a good selection of food available.
However, there seemed to be a lack of attention to the small things that we have grown accustomed to, even in other hotels in this change. I was glad to see an adequate nightlight in the bathroom, but it lacked a bulb. It looked as if the bathroom had been updated, but the tub was chipped and stained, and needed reglazing or replacement. The hot water was adequate, but not very hot. There was a banquet chair, but no comfortable easy chair in the room. The door lock also did not work well and you had to really check it to make sure it would stay locked when you left the room.
In summary, it was and adequate hotel for the money, but could be much better with a little more attention to detail.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Harshal M, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Edgewood Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts of your recent stay experience at the newly refreshed Comfort Inn & Suites - Aberdeen Proving Grounds Area. We appreciate that you mentioned what most travelers find important - how clean you found our hotel, how delicious our complimentary breakfast was and of course, how helpful you found our guest service associates.
It looks like we did well with check in, staff professionalism and friendliness and other areas of the hotel,. Where we fell short of your expectations was in the maintenance of the particular room you were in. Upon receiving your feedback, It was addressed to the maintenance team and were able to get it corrected and we thank you for mentioning it in your feedback.
We hope to have you as our guest again soon. Until then, safe travels always!

Reviewed 28 November 2015

Awesome Pool! Awesome rooms! Excellent breakfast! Great Service! Very convenient to I95. My 7 year old wanted to have a sleepover and my wife tied in birthday and halloween celebration in one. They were well behaved but had a awesome time for the entire stay! Thanks for your hospitality!

Room tip: King Rooms are HUGEEEEE! higher floor for business, lower floor for easy pool access. Restaurants in walking distance.
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your high praise and perfect ranking score of the Comfort Inn & Suites. We are so pleased that you not only enjoyed your stay but wanted to share it with others on TripAdvisor.Some of the reasons you noted such as the "Awesome" wonderfully clean guest room, free continental hot breakfast , great Location and wounderful pool as well as our service which will be what continues to set up apart from the other hotels.
We look forward to having you stay with us again and earn another perfect 5 rating

Reviewed 24 November 2015

Hello. I frequently stay in the Edgewood area when we visit family. I stayed at this hotel in early Nov. When we arrived and also within our reservation, we noted and told the desk that we needed a crib. A crib was delivered, but it did not work. I called the desk and told them that it didn't work and that we would need another crib, because the current one wasn't working. I told them that we needed it now because we had an infant. We were told they would take care of it. We left the hotel and 4 hours later, no crib in our room. We called the desk again and finally a crib arrived 25 min later. Also, in the batheroom there was a bar of soap already opened as if had been used in our soap dish. We called the front desk to bring soap. THey never came so I ended up asking a housekeeper I spotted in the hall. Finally, we needed more pillows. They told us to come to the front desk and get them. That is certainly NOT the customer service that I am used to... on the positive side, the suite was very spacious.

Date of stay: November 2015
General M, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Edgewood Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear letternumberfive,

I am sorry to hear that you did not have a completely comfortable stay at our hotel we are now informed the management about your concerns regarding with your request which didn't grant your comfort and convenience are our top priorities. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention so that we can make sure no future guest
experiences the same inconvenience.

Reviewed 28 October 2015

Came in with a group (about 20 rooms) of adults from a car club. We do events like this 4 times a year, and never have issue hanging out in the "breakfast room" to chat. After dinner, I was the 1st to enter the hotel, and I walked in to the room and turned the lights on to find 2 men sitting there in the dark. One barked "The room is closed". Not knowing who they were, I asked why? he said there was I sign. I asked, what sign? he then walked over to the sign and turned it around so it could be seen saying "this sign". Really?! I said we had 40 people coming in, and wanted a place to chat. He seemed unconcerned, so as people came in- we stayed standing in the small lobby. After about 20 min, one of the people in our group tried to talk to the manager and was told that we were not permitted to use the room because we did not ask. Seems like a stupid reason to me, especially when it was not the case. They did eventually allow us to use the room. Even if I was rude to the (then) unknown person sitting in the dark, this is NOT HOW YOU TREAT CUSTOMERS when you are in the "hospitality" business. It may be time for the owner/operator/manager of this hotel to find a new career path.

The hotel itself was OK. I did not notice any issues with the room, although it is in need of a refresh. Wallpaper in the bathroom was peeling (for example). Considering this hotel is located in an area with MANY other hotels to choose from, I'd suggest anyone staying in this area consider trying one of the others.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Harshal M, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Edgewood Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2015

Dear Marc L

Thank you so much for sharing your candid feedback of your recent experience at the Comfort Inn & Suites - Aberdeen Proving Grounds Area. Like I expressed myself in the past response, I would repeat that our hotel's "Quiet Hours and Non Alcohol policies " in the common areas which includes Breakfast room, Pool Area, Lobby and hallways of the hotel are very similar to the others in the area. The reason the lights were off in the breakfast area when you walked in, was as it was after the "Quiet Hours" . I would like to thank you for mentioning the word for our employee who was getting the area ready for next day "BARKED", as this clearly explains to the other travelers reading our reviews that how much your team might have anticipated in accepting our hotels "Quiet hours Policy" and No Alcohol Policy and its not just our hotel policy, but its the LAW where we can't allow Alcohol in the common areas. I strongly believe that its not easy to please all of our guest, though we strive hard to give utmost in hospitality to ensure you enjoy your stay as if you are in your own home. My humble request to you would be on your next travel please call the hotel in advance to ensure their policies for common areas after 10 PM and I am sure this would avoid any kind of further frustration.
Safe travels